Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 102 of 103
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 101, 102, 103  Next
Go to page   

Where Did Ya Ride This Weekend ??
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: Where Did Ya Ride This Weekend ?? 

Nice little ride yday with a work colleague/friend who is a recently returned rider. Bought himself a Ducati Scrambler. A run thru the northern coast hinterland Twisties to Kin Kin, the Boreen Pt and home via the coast road. Only 200km but cracking weather.

petebob - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Bill and I headed up to Agnes early Friday morning had the weekend up there and headed home today perfect weather , great company and great place to spend a long weekend about 1060 km for weekend and Bill would have done more

Ball bag - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Ball bag wrote: [View Post]
Bill and I headed up to Agnes early Friday morning had the weekend up there and headed home today perfect weather , great company and great place to spend a long weekend about 1060 km for weekend and Bill would have done more

So lucky you buggers..... Enjoy

4 out of 3 people struggle with math....

Kiwi - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

I'm only allowed to leave  home within a radius of 5klm from home for an hour, and the pubs are all shut, but have to be home by 8pm and not allowed out till 5am. Didn't matter today was cold and wet all day.

skirtster - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Kiwi wrote: [View Post]
Ball bag wrote: [View Post]

So lucky you buggers..... Enjoy

We did mate, and looking forward to doing it again.  Slept well last night....

EZI63 - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Nice little punt yesterday with a couple of the lads.  Out to Goombungee Pub for lunch was the plan.  Turned out 40 odd oldies had the same idea and with an hour wait for lunch, hit the cafe across the road for some takeaway.  Great weather for the ride and the roads were excellent.   I ended up with a little over 500klms for the day.  Thanks for the company Ballbag and Slip, always good to ride with you.

Back to topPage bottom

Thanks EZI and Ballbag had great ride and a good laugh just over 440k for me

SLIP - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Nice little punt around the back blocks.  Brekkie stop at Canungra, across to Rathdowny, loop to Boonah and then a looksee at the bike museum at Roadvale.  Some immaculate old iron and the old fella there is good for a chat.  Uneventful run home, beautiful weather and a little over
300 klms.

Back to topPage bottom

EZI63 wrote: [View Post]
Nice little punt around the back blocks.  Brekkie stop at Canungra, across to Rathdowny, loop to Boonah and then a looksee at the bike museum at Roadvale.  Some immaculate old iron and the old fella there is good for a chat.  Uneventful run home, beautiful weather and a little over
300 klms.

Sounds lovely; I did the same route on Saturday, Breaky at Canungra, then out to Rathdowney Hotel for a quick sip (til the pub got overloaded by the GC Cruiser club, impressive turn-out) then around to Boonah for lunch and home via the Biddadaba rd and Maudsland. It was getting hot by the end of the day.
Sunday we went out through Maudsland and up to Tambourine, then down past the Bearded Dragon and back through Canungra, then back up the Goat track to Tambo and down Henri Roberts lol! then we went over to Advancetown pub for a coffee (NOT their specialty haha!). Then we went out past Hinze Dam and up Springbrook, then back down the other side and then out to Coolangatta, coming back home the back way through Tallebudgera. Was a great weekend of riding woohoo!

“Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

JILLI96 - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Sunday ride with Ballbag.  Nice little punt up through Cunninghams Gap, across to Clifton for a coldie and as we were a tad early for lunch, decided to push on.  Over to Crows Nest and down to Esk.  Up on the Downs, weather was quite nice, changed to riding through hell once we got down to Esk.  Parted company near Fernvale and scooted for home and a swim.  All up, just under 500klms and it was nice to be back on the bike.

Last edited by EZI63 on Mon 08 Feb, 2021 07:04; edited 1 time in total 
Back to topPage bottom

EZI63 wrote: [View Post]
Sunday ride with Ballbag.  Nice little punt up through Cunninghams Gap, across to Clifton for a coldie and as we were a tad early for lunch, decided to push on.  Over to Crows Nest and down to Esk.  Up on the Downs, weather was quite nice, changed to riding through hell once we got down to Esk.  Parted company near Fernvale and scooted for home and a swim.  All up, just under 500klms and it was nice to be back on the bike.

Nice decent ride there Bill.  Did you drop in to see Col or Rx

STEAMER - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

No Steamer we didn’t call in on anybody I left home at 6.30 and got home after 3 was no time for visits

Back to topPage bottom

Friday, me, Mohawk and our son Danny (hes bought himself a Nightster cos he really liked the one his mum used to have), headed off for the weekend. Up through the back way to Maryborough then a stop for a xxxx at the Miners Arms in Torbanlea. On to Woodgate Beach for the night. A magic little spot, pub right on the beach. Great garlic prawn pizza. Saturday carried on up through Bundy and along the Agnes Waters road to an old country pub thats just reopened in a place called Yandaran. Stopped for refreshment and a good chat with the landlady. Has good plans for the place. Dunno if youve stopped there BB, but worth a look. Carried on up then across to Miriam Vale for lunch. Back down the highway to Gin Gin for the night. Waste of time stopping there. 2 pubs and both pretty much empty by 8pm. Went back to the motel with takeaway and got messy. Sunday had planned to truck on home down the highway, but the radar was showing steady rain from Childers to the Coast. So we just shot across to Bundy through South Kolan. Arrived in Bundy about midday. And just to prove ya cant go anywhere....there was a message on our phones from Chromer saying he'd spotted us pulling out of Gin Gin! Anyway, a few drinks at the motel then off to the Rissole for a few more and dinner. Monday was just a wander round town then home down the highway. Great weekend away. Dunno how many kms, didnt keep track.
Back to work next week, so hopefully get another ride in this weekend.

Back to topPage bottom

Look forward to weekends like this once I get all this shit sorted out, so miss just getting away from everthing.

Bluey - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Bluey wrote: [View Post]
Look forward to weekends like this once I get all this shit sorted out, so miss just getting away from everthing.

Its a bit cliche Bluey, but i just love it. Sometimes a days ride is only 300km. By the time ya get up, have a wander round the town, hit the road, stop for a drink, stop for lunch, stop for another drink, then pull in to the nights stop, the days gone!

Im sure youll be sorted
soon Bluey and back on the road.

Last edited by petebob on Thu 18 Feb, 2021 21:15; edited 1 time in total 
Back to topPage bottom

I have stopped there Pete good pub , nice to see you out and about mate when you get the chance

Back to topPage bottom

Rides.... short or long,..... stops or no stop, they are all awesome, at least your out there doing it. I dont do it enough

4 out of 3 people struggle with math....

Kiwi - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Headed out this morning...
Up to Gympie, across to Kilkivan for some hydration.... Goomeri to Murgon...lunch at the Hivesville pub. Destination of one of MH's first mystery rides. Great burger and chips. $12. Would usually pay $18-20 anywhere else we usually go. Home was just the reverse. We were a bit late getting away from home this morning to do the full loop home thru Kingaroy, Yarraman, Kilcoy etc. It was fucking hot work. 37deg from late morn till late arvo. Bout 400km round trip. Really enjoyed it. Gonna be hotter tomoz, so bikes will stay in the shed!

Back to topPage bottom

Had to remap a friends bike after he done a cam change and eveything else that went with it, thanks Frasers of Woolongong yas did a great job including downloading onto the tuner a variety of maps to choose from, yas where not going to give me a quiet weekend where yas     anyway I had to test ride it, not far due to the pain I am in but just enough to qgive me a big smile, fuck I miss riding, cant wat to get my ass back in the saddle..

Last edited by Bluey on Mon 22 Feb, 2021 19:44; edited 1 time in total 
Bluey - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Great that u could getout for a ride Bluey, even if it wasnt for long. Good for the soul, mate!

Back to topPage bottom

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 101, 102, 103  Next

Permissions List