Amount Of Oil

Subject: Amount Of Oil
just to qualify i would never do this but if one was too vent breather to the ground say to rear of primary. How much mess is left on the concrete. Hi hp tc engine. Never seen a can that i like and would never use one !

Profile PM  
Subject: Re: Amount Of Oil
The last thing you would want to do is have oil dripping out, with a chance it ends up on your tyre.

Profile PM  
With the old girls, it is a simple matter of running the hose to a catch can. On my old Shovel, I zip tied an old Red Wings can to the frame and put old sponge in it. Worked a treat.

Profile PM  
EZI63 wrote:  
With the old girls, it is a simple matter of running the hose to a catch can. On my old Shovel, I zip tied an old Red Wings can to the frame and put old sponge in it. Worked a treat.

This is the best way if your moving away from a standard set up, whether you use a container or modify a piece of hardware on the bike to hold a bit of oil thats your call, but remember what ever you use it also must be able to breath and it must be able to allow removal of oil.

Want some good ideas, go to a classic bike race meeting and have a wander around the pits and see the the variety of methods they use for engine breather collection containers as they all have them if they want to pass scrutineering.

Profile PM  
Ive been in discussiopn with my local Dealer over this issue with the M8 motors...
I had a look at my set up behimd the SC hight flow breather that just drips the oil vapers back down the throttle body as per EPA standards I guess...
I questioned him about this set up....
As he said....That amount of oil that would be venting down there would burn off naturally under normal riding condions.
He also stated no like your spraying a litre of oil down there every 1000km....
All modern motors do the same....
So fuck it. As he said just ride the bastard and dont let it get inside you brain mush....
I guess reading shit on Fuckbook about you have to put dipstick vents and other shit on you M8 was making me somewhat paranoid....
Well after 3000km ride through all the shitiest conitions. Bike never used a spot of oil....
I pulled the breather off to clean it out....Clean. No signes of Oil.
I looked down the throttle body to see if oil is buildng up etc....Clean as the day I checked it..
My take on the M8 and all this bla bla about catch cans etc etc....
Fucking leave it as the motor is designed to run it.....
But with saying that....I will be taken not on any access oil tunning out of the bottom of my breather...
Then I will look at alternatives....
After a warrenty claim of course....
Oh sorry..... forgot to ask what motor are you running.

Profile PM  

Page 1 of 1