Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 1 of 1

Newbie Back
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Newbie Back 

concise explanation of buffeting. Road king screen. Lower, higher, full face, goggles. any ideas. Thought I had it figured but the alchol ran out and I forget where I got too.

askari - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Newbie Back 

If you are going to run the windscreen on the roadie, it will pay to also fit a set of fork mounted wind deflectors to stop air flow from up/under the screen and the fuel tank and reduce buffeting.... https://mstore.harley-davidson.com/...-20-57400146--1

Silence is Golden....Duct tape is Silver

pizz - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

thanks for that my research seems to agree with that. I will need a new screen as previous owner cut it down too miuch for my height so do as a combination.

Back to topPage bottom

Sit on bike,they say to measure so screen height is between top lip & bridge of nose,  get someone to hold a broom stick out level from this part and measure from top of headlight to broom stick.  But yes, fork deflectors help for buffeting

STEAMER - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

askari wrote: [View Post]
thanks for that my research seems to agree with that. I will need a new screen as previous owner cut it down too miuch for my height so do as a combination.

Try and work out your approximate screen height before buying another new screen, have a look at the freedom shield with the recurve, the recurve at the top of the screen works well to push the air over your head.... www.freedomshields.net/product/road-king-windshield/

Back to topPage bottom

If you already have the quick release brackets, you should get away just buying a new ( appropriate height) screen. HD also have a screen that flicks out across top, like Pizz talking about, but think might only be for the batwing fairings. Also a lightly tinted looks better than clear and easy to see through in all weather, day & night. ( speaking from personal experience)

Last edited by STEAMER on Sun 01 Mar, 2020 17:37; edited 1 time in total 
Back to topPage bottom

pizz wrote: [View Post]

Try and work out your approximate screen height before buying another new screen, have a look at the freedom shield with the recurve, the recurve at the top of the screen works well to push the air over your head.... www.freedomshields.net/product/road-king-windshield/

Pizz, they look good. Should be able to use with original HD brackets

Back to topPage bottom

If you have all the hard ware A.J. Plastics at Breakfast Creek Brisbane can make a blank clear or tinted screen. Had one made by them back in the very early 2000's , not too dear and not too bad.

ductor - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

STEAMER wrote: [View Post]
pizz wrote: [View Post]

Pizz, they look good. Should be able to use with original HD brackets

Yep Steamer they will bolt up to the hardware he already has, you can go a lower screen as well if it's a recurve.... Different scenario, my streetglide has a 4" screen from New, I fitted the 5" recurve freedom shield and it pushes the air about 100mm above the top of my helmet.. I'm 168cn so that shorter recurve works for me.., I was riding a few weeks back and had my hand raised above my head just feeling for air flow and everyone going in the other direction thought I was waving at them... Silly Gillards hey?... I swear by the recurve screen..Fcuk..See

Last edited by pizz on Mon 02 Mar, 2020 13:14; edited 1 time in total 
Back to topPage bottom

thanks guys for all the input however! picked bike up on thur. Ended in hospital on sun wont be able to ride for3 to four months. I believe i put a total of134 kms one the bike. So all i can do is sit on it in the shed with a beer. Positives i cant get done for DUI.

Back to topPage bottom

Not good, take it easy and recover well.  Cheers.

EZI63 - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Permissions List