Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 1 of 1

Sad News for the HD...
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Sad News for the HD... 

Just read on another site that the MoCo will be ceasing production on the Delux, Breakouts and the FXDR....
Ok...the Breakout and FXDR....
But the Delux...
One of my favourite bikes. Although I’ve never owned one they always held a little spot in me heart..
I just admire their look. Might have to rustle up some dollars and buy me a good second hand Twin cam for the lust of it.
CVO is supposed to be taking a big cut also..
No surprise, they priced them out of the market in my opinion...
Making them look cheaper and charging more for nothing..

Robo - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Sad News For The HD... 

Fair enough the fxdf couldn’t think they’ve sold many those things still haven’t even seen one on the road. But the delux and breakout I thought were selling alright they normally axe them when not selling in the states

Ball bag - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Breakouts are like arseholes...everybobys got one. Can't see why they'd stop production of them. Or the Deluxe. We live in interesting times.

petebob - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Sad News for the HD... 

Yep....I can’t believe the Breakbutt or the Delux either...
Like the Breakout is a huge seller..
And the Delux....Well it’s nostalgia.

Back to topPage bottom

The company is rapidly going down the gurgler.
Something has to go, so they chose those bikes.

Sporty's sell by the bucket loads so they won't go. But all the Big Twins will be going one at a time (or in this case, 3 at a time), until they are all gone, if the company lasts that long.

The BIG plan HD had to save the company from closure was to phase out the Traditional Big Twin and bring in the Sports bikes and the electric bike, to capture the Millenials. But Millennials aren't interested in them.

Harley CEO Matt Levatich quit (was sacked) because of how much he stuffed the company and caused it to be where it is now.  It was his idea to catch the Millenials as customers, but Millenials are the wrong crowd. They aren't faithful to the name 'Harley-Davidson', they aren't impressed by the name, they aren't 'Harley' people.
Millennials also don't buy Harley T-shirts, Harley leather jackets, Harley bandannas, Harley coffee mugs, Harley Baby bibs, etc etc.
And us old time supporters and devotees to the brand are a dying breed. Soon we will all be hanging up the helmet, or in a pine box. The true customer base for the name Harley was us, and we are fading out.

evolve_1395233592_650013
-~- member: 109 -~- HERE'S MY GALLERY

. road_king_banner
. . .
EX-OWNER OF: 1997 Road King Classic- True Duals, Nostalgia Windshield, Early ElectraGlide Western Bars, Custom Paint Job, 2012 Air in the Tyres

-KEN- - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

"And us old time supporters and devotees to the brand are a dying breed. Soon we will all be hanging up the helmet, or in a pine box. The true customer base for the name Harley was us, and we are fading out."
and we have also been shafted, pissed off, ripped off and generally treated poorly by Harley Davidson.   If and when I buy another bike, if it isn't a Shovelhead or Evo, it will probably be a Rocket.

EZI63 - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Bill, a rocket, they bloody ugly. I like the Indian Chieftan,  similar looks to Streetglide.

STEAMER - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

STEAMER wrote: [View Post]
Bill, a rocket, they bloody ugly. I like the Indian Chieftan,  similar looks to Streetglide.

You have less taste than Bill ,FFS.

Mickle - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Mickle wrote: [View Post]

You have less taste than Bill ,FFS.

Ah well,  we cant all be perfect.

Back to topPage bottom

Robo wrote: [View Post]
CVO is supposed to be taking a big cut also.

The video I seen said CVO production has been halted,  what is out at dealers now is all that will be available.

EZI63 wrote: [View Post]
"it will probably be a Rocket.

I took a new Rocket 3R for a test ride last Saturday, freaking insane about of torque. Loved it so much I  got one coming, keeping the CVO for more sedate riding with the missus.

Last edited by Lord Viykor on Fri 22 May, 2020 18:19; edited 1 time in total 
Lord Viykor - View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

So Tony, when are you crossing to the darkside with the Rocket and fitting a car tyre?

Back to topPage bottom

So Tony, when are you crossing to the darkside with the Rocket and fitting a car tyre?

Nah, there is a limit to my weirdness. The car tyre goes beyond that.

Lord Viykor - View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

All of Harleys softails are basically the same bike with different sheet metal, so what if they go down to only a few models, they have priced themselves out of the market a long time ago, even Im thinking about getting rid of my last Harley soon if I cant find a fix for my fucked leg pain.

Indian isn't all that smart either, as they only have two models, no entry level bike or a mid size range, either one wouldn't have been that hard to manufacture.

I would have bought a HighBall / Gunner / Judge with a 111 Indian motor in it and badge.

NO FREE RIDES

Harley Forum Australia, HDOZ.ORG.AU

http://harleynswriders.myfreeforum.org/index.php

RED - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Sad News for the HD... 

I agree Red man...
The Moco has lost their mojo on selling bikes..
Stripping the newer models of their distinctions and making them dearer is not the smartest way to manufacture any sort of product....
The newer market isn’t selling. Go back to the drawing board and find out why. Don’t strip the product even more and sell for dearer...that’s not the answer.
The enthusiast is the ones to ask, they are the ones that keep the company producing...
The CVO is a classic example of what I’m saying..
Once a CVO was the bike full of fruit. Buy it and ride out with the works, only upgrade or mod required was pipes. Now they are just a plane ol bike with the SC motor....no chrome. No bells and whistles. A sound system in the SG that to replace is like fucking stupid price.....
Blaaaa....I can go on and on. But fuck it. All these companies throughout the world have highly paid CEOs running the show. But really. The Gillards are as dumb as dog shit.

Back to topPage bottom

RED wrote: [View Post]
All of Harleys softails are basically the same bike with different sheet metal, so what if they go down to only a few models, they have priced themselves out of the market a long time ago, even Im thinking about getting rid of my last Harley soon if I cant find a fix for my fucked leg pain.

Indian isn't all that smart either, as they only have two models, no entry level bike or a mid size range, either one wouldn't have been that hard to manufacture.

I would have bought a HighBall / Gunner / Judge with a 111 Indian motor in it and badge.

Hey Red, you're gonna have to get yaself a Spyder

“Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

JILLI96 - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Ild get the 2 front wheel mod if it was legal here, but its not, Im on meds that seem to dull 50% of the total pain, I will wait until the warmer months and see how my riding is, I don't want to be a problem to other road users.

NO FREE RIDES

Harley Forum Australia, HDOZ.ORG.AU

http://harleynswriders.myfreeforum.org/index.php

RED - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Permissions List