Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Coronavirus
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: Coronavirus 

Kiwi wrote: [View Post]
Seen on the news tonight, it's official..... the country is turning to shite....
Panic buying everywhere
Dickheads

Yep, went to woolies today to get our usual fortnights shopping and the place was like a mad house!!!

Many of the shelves were empty and the poor staff were restocking as quick as they could while people were pushing each other out of the way to grab items as the staff were putting them on the shelves.
It's like watching one of those 'end of the world' disaster movies where society goes troppo!

Cheryl and I just slowly walked through, got what we needed (fortunately not the stuff that they others were panic-grabbing) and left. We got everything we needed and did it stress free. The other shoppers were all stressed out, complaining to staff and sweating like pigs  

The world is going mad over this virus!

evolve_1395233592_650013
-~- member: 109 -~- HERE'S MY GALLERY

. road_king_banner
. . .
EX-OWNER OF: 1997 Road King Classic- True Duals, Nostalgia Windshield, Early ElectraGlide Western Bars, Custom Paint Job, 2012 Air in the Tyres

-KEN- - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Not too bad here in Tas so far . Went to Coles in the city yesterday for a top up shop ...crowded but not crazy . Got toilet paper as well , just one pack . Stayed as far as possible away from everyone else and got in and out pretty quickly .
Funny thing , there is a little IGA Everyday at the end of our street about 2 minutes walk . Plenty of everything , including all the things that people are going nuts for and Woolies and Coles . Very odd ( but good for us )  
All cruise ships were banned the other day from docking here , schools are starting to close or drastically reduce excursions and activities , markets are shutting down . I’m just waiting for the Zombies but I’ve taken measures !   Plenty to do at home and our family is very close . Lots of books and plenty to watch on Netflix as it gets colder .  
The world is going to be a different place for a while .

" Man who jibbers about how fast and far he goes most likely has tiny dick "

Davo - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

We moved out to the bay area a couple of months ago so it is a totally different environment.  Yes, there are a few idiots that have been panic buying but most folk are just getting what they need or helping out older neighbours etc.  I was in Coles the other day and there are pallets of toilet paper but the limit is one per shop.  I watched this young women (mid 20's) take a couple of packs, put them in her trolley and then came face to face with two old lady pensioners.  They both gave her "the look" and she put them back and only took one.  They might be older but they still have the skills.

EZI63 - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

I had to fly to Sydney over the weekend to take my grandson home. Flight down on Saturday was not full but not empty and the airport looked less busy than usual. Flew home to Brisbane yesterday afternoon , The Jetstar area of the terminal was the emptiest I have ever seen it. Did the same flight a month and a half ago, plane was cochas . The seat next to my wife was empty until the last minute when this 10 year old Asian kid sits down. Where are you from ? we asked him  Wuhan Provence  he replied. We both had head aches for a week about a week later but we may or maynot have been infected.

ductor - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

What I do know is my European holidays are not going to happen at the end of next month & my full comprehensive insurance is not worth the paper it's written on as it does not cover travel to Pandemic country's.. ( read the fine print )
I MAY be able to reschedule @ a later date IF the 2 river ( Rhone & Rhine ) cruise line cancels our tours & or Singapore Airlines cancels the flights... at the moment Singapore Airways have canceled  our flight to Paris  & our return flight from London Via Singapore is subject to a NOT allowed into Singapore because we visited Switzerland, Germany, France & the Netherlands..    Our Travel agent is working overtime to work out another scheduled for next year when HOPEFULLY it's all over..    

WozzA - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

WozzA wrote: [View Post]
What I do know is my European holidays are not going to happen at the end of next month & my full comprehensive insurance is not worth the paper it's written on as it does not cover travel to Pandemic country's.. ( read the fine print )
I MAY be able to reschedule @ a later date IF the 2 river ( Rhone & Rhine ) cruise line cancels our tours & or Singapore Airlines cancels the flights... at the moment Singapore Airways have canceled  our flight to Paris  & our return flight from London Via Singapore is subject to a NOT allowed into Singapore because we visited Switzerland, Germany, France & the Netherlands..    Our Travel agent is working overtime to work out another scheduled for next year when HOPEFULLY it's all over..    

Well that sucks big time . Hasn’t Viking docked their fleet and if so , maybe the other riverboat mobs will do the same ?
This is just the beginning of the shitstorm so fingers crossed all around  

Back to topPage bottom

My 92 year old dad is on an 11 day South Pacific cruise at the moment and they are due back tomorrow. I hope they can dock.
I've been reading the Cruise Line's website updates (Royal Carribean) and so far all sounds good.

evolve_1395233592_650013

. road_king_banner
. . .
EX-OWNER OF: 1997 Road King Classic- True Duals, Nostalgia Windshield, Early ElectraGlide Western Bars, Custom Paint Job, 2012 Air in the Tyres

Back to topPage bottom

This pandemic has given the world's politicians powers that they won't quickly relinquish.

ductor - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

-KEN- wrote: [View Post]
My 92 year old dad is on an 11 day South Pacific cruise at the moment and they are due back tomorrow. I hope they can dock.
I've been reading the Cruise Line's website updates (Royal Caribbean) and so far all sounds good.

My Dad's ship docked in Sydney this morning. (Royal Caribbean International 'Voyager of the Seas')

He (and my sister) is now self isolated at home for the next 10 days because they were out of the country.

It is so bad out there that their 11 day South Pacific Cruise was locked out of Vanuatu and the other islands so they cruised up and down the NSW coast for 11 days!!!!!!!

They tried to dock at Eden in southern NSW to give the passengers a break but were denied. So they just kept sailing up and down between Newcatle and Eden, for 11 days! He said they were bored shitless.

Had they cut the cruise shorter than the 11 days they would have had to refund everyone's fares, so they kept them sailing for the duration. The travel insurance doesn't say they get a refund if they don't reach a country, only if it is cut short of the 11 days.'

Apparently they have been offered 50% off their next cruise on that ship.

evolve_1395233592_650013

. road_king_banner
. . .

Back to topPage bottom

Wont be long before a member on here gets it?....Keep safe out there peeps, this winter looks to have the making of a bad one
Down here in the cold southern states, they are expecting it to get that bad that they are opening up old disused hospitals for the expected rush

4 out of 3 people struggle with math....

Kiwi - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Well the old stock market has taken a smashing in the last few weeks... hopefully we come out the other side ok??

Back to topPage bottom

It’ll drop further than this . Down to mid 3000’s like 2008 . Or worse when the yanks get hit harder by the plague .
People need to keep busy at home to keep their minds right . Lotsta projects round the house .  

Back to topPage bottom

Davo wrote: [View Post]
It’ll drop further than this . Down to mid 3000’s like 2008 . Or worse when the yanks get hit harder by the plague .
People need to keep busy at home to keep their minds right . Lotsta projects round the house .  

Yep, they said on the news that Bunnings has been flat out all day selling home handyman shit, paint, plants etc.

Seems like everyone is getting into home repairs and gardening to break the boredom  

BUT, the sad part is that Social Work experts say that domestic violence will explode to unprecedented levels as people take out their boredom and frustration on each other, and their kids. Police have been instructed about the coming rise.

evolve_1395233592_650013

. road_king_banner
. . .

Back to topPage bottom

Davo wrote: [View Post]

Yep, they said on the news that Bunnings has been flat out all day selling home handyman shit, paint, plants etc.

Seems like everyone is getting into home repairs and gardening to break the boredom  

BUT, the sad part is that Social Work experts say that domestic violence will explode to unprecedented levels as people take out their boredom and frustration on each other, and their kids. Police have been instructed about the coming rise.

That is really sad/scary as its coming and we cant do a thing about it

Back to topPage bottom

I've been reading the Cruise Line's website updates (Royal Caribbean) and so far all sounds good.

My Dad's ship docked in Sydney this morning. (Royal Caribbean International 'Voyager of the Seas')

He (and my sister) is now self isolated at home for the next 10 days because they were out of the country.

It is so bad out there that their 11 day South Pacific Cruise was locked out of Vanuatu and the other islands so they cruised up and down the NSW coast for 11 days!!!!!!!

They tried to dock at Eden in southern NSW to give the passengers a break but were denied. So they just kept sailing up and down between Newcatle and Eden, for 11 days! He said they were bored shitless.

Had they cut the cruise shorter than the 11 days they would have had to refund everyone's fares, so they kept them sailing for the duration. The travel insurance doesn't say they get a refund if they don't reach a country, only if it is cut short of the 11 days.'

Just to continue this saga,

my Dad got a phone call yesterday from the bus company that bussed them from the ship in Sydney to home on the Central Coast.
The shuttle bus is one of those little Mini Buses.
It pick up my Dad and Sister and another couple of people from the ship they were on, then drove to another pier and picked up a few more people off another cruise ship. All were Central Coast/Hunter Valley residents.

Dad said 2 people on the bus from the other ship were coughing the whole bus trip up the coast and didn't look well.

Anyway, the bus company rang and said that the 2 people coughing have now tested positive for Covid-19 and the bus company had to report this to all passenger on that bus trip and they had to present themselves for testing.

They had their tests yesterday and won't know the outcome for 6 days!

This is a bit scary as my dad is 92 and recently had a bad heart attack and had bypass surgery. The Cruise was to be a relaxing healing time.  

Now we just wait.  

evolve_1395233592_650013

. road_king_banner
. . .

Back to topPage bottom

[quote user="-KEN-" post="227227"]

my Dad got a phone call yesterday from the bus company that bussed them from the ship in Sydney to home on the Central Coast.
It pick up my Dad and Sister and another couple of people from the ship they were on, then drove to another pier and picked up a few more people off another cruise ship. All were Central Coast/Hunter Valley residents.

Dad said 2 people on the bus from the other ship were coughing the whole bus trip up the coast and didn't look well.

Anyway, the bus company rang and said that the 2 people coughing have now tested positive for Covid-19 and the bus company had to report this to all passenger on that bus trip and they had to present themselves for testing.

This is a bit scary as my dad is 92 and recently had a bad heart attack and had bypass surgery. The Cruise was to be a relaxing healing time.  

Now we just wait.  :sad:[/quote

I hope all goes well for your dad and sister mate

SLIP - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

[quote user="SLIP" post="227229"]

Now we just wait.  :sad:[/quote

I hope all goes well for your dad and sister mate

Oh shit Ken, thinking of you mate....that waiting would be driving you crazy, not to mention your Dad and sister.... hope it all goes well.

bargara_1 avitar_titties
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand

2010 FATBOY, Vance & Hines 2 into 1 Big Radius, Screamin Eagle Super Tuner Pro, Screamin Eagle Heavy Breather, 2" Burleigh Roller Bars with a 10" Rise, Braided Cables, Combination Speedo & Tacho, Progressive RAP & with dreams of more to come

pedro - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Not good Ken, I hope they are both alright

Back to topPage bottom

Woo-Hoooooo! they got an answer late today!

ALL CLEAR     dance_08  dancingbanana7lu

Thanks Kiwi and Pete.  
The hospital did a faster check than the 6 day wait.
I see on the news that next week doctors and hospitals will have 45 minute test kits!
One drop of blood and they know in 45 minutes.

evolve_1395233592_650013

. road_king_banner
. . .

Last edited by -KEN- on Thu 26 Mar, 2020 22:54; edited 1 time in total 
Back to topPage bottom

Woo-Hoooooo! they got an answer late today!

ALL CLEAR     dance_08  dancingbanana7lu

Thanks Kiwi and Pete.  
The hospital did a faster check than the 6 day wait.
I see on the news that next week doctors and hospitals will have 45 minute test kits!
One drop of blood and they know in 45 minutes.

Great news Ken.  Now you can relax a bit knowing they are home and safe.
This shitty virus will pass in due course.

EZI63 - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions List