Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Windshield
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: Windshield 

Bluey wrote: [View Post]
I have a screen but I am happy with just a visor on the helmet, just like the feel of the wind
probably and I also hate the wind buffering which is a pain so the screen just sits their gathering
dust.

Bluey, Have you thought about getting a set or Fork wind deflectors. I swear by mine. I could only get Memphis Shades deflectors, But you should be able to get Genuine HD, stainless type.

STEAMER - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

A wind shield one of those things that goes on a car I think ,,, I've done 2500 kk last week , and in snow , 40,000 k since Jan , I Jus's like a bike as a bike ,

madv8bike - View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website 
Back to topPage bottom

STEAMER wrote:  
Bluey wrote:  
I have a screen but I am happy with just a visor on the helmet, just like the feel of the wind
probably and I also hate the wind buffering which is a pain so the screen just sits their gathering
dust.

Bluey, Have you thought about getting a set or Fork wind deflectors. I swear by mine. I could only get Memphis Shades deflectors, But you should be able to get Genuine HD, stainless type.

I did play around with some home made ones a while ago when we
where talking about it on here but I just went back to no screen, but
I might have to give it another look at as the winters down here seem
to be getting colder and the screen might give a bit of relief.

Bluey - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

madv8bike wrote:  
A wind shield one of those things that goes on a car I think ,,, I've done 2500 kk last week , and in snow , 40,000 k since Jan , I Jus's like a bike as a bike ,

I concur ..

Bluey wrote:  
probably and I also hate the wind buffering which is a pain so the screen just sits their gathering dust.

That's part of it ..

Full face or visor for the bugs .. but everything else is part of the ride .. sun, rain, hail, wind, stones, birds, bugs & the rest of the crap      
.. but .. traffic {time & location needs to be taken into account} is part of the ride ..
 'CEPT fuck'n caravaners & bloody mobile homes, that includes the fuck'n hippy hire van backpackers too .. they need to be fucked off or charged for not abiding by the road rules & speedlimits      
Anyway ..
When I aren't able to ride .. I sit behind a windshield, it has aircon & heater    

but no windshield for My Bike .. it just wouldn't feel right for me .. ..

Last edited by Rxes on Sun 16 Sep, 2018 11:41; edited 1 time in total 
Rxes - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

STEAMER wrote: [View Post]
dust.

Have mentioned before but I bought a pair of deflectors for my heritage classic. Work great but are crap quality!! Have had them replaced twice owing to the rust, the third pair are the same, really poor chrome, super disappointed!!

bonsai - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

bonsai wrote: [View Post]
STEAMER wrote: [View Post]
[quote user="Bluey" post="223487"]I have a screen but I am happy with just a visor on the helmet, just like the feel of the wind
dust.[/quote]

Have mentioned before but I bought a pair of deflectors for my heritage classic. Work great but are crap quality!! Have had them replaced twice owing to the rust, the third pair are the same, really poor chrome, super disappointed!!

Must be typical of the quality of chrome. I also bought the deflectors for my Fatboy and they started to rust inside the bend. Bit hard to see, but I know its there. I never tried for a replacement as I bought them from eBay from a Harley Dealer in the US quite a few years ago. Too much trouble. By the sounds of it a lot of people will have the same problems. It's not the first time I've heard that the quality of Harleys chrome work is shit....should be top quality stuff considering what we pay.     

bargara_1 avitar_titties
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand

2010 FATBOY, Vance & Hines 2 into 1 Big Radius, Screamin Eagle Super Tuner Pro, Screamin Eagle Heavy Breather, 2" Burleigh Roller Bars with a 10" Rise, Braided Cables, Combination Speedo & Tacho, Progressive RAP & with dreams of more to come

pedro - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

pedro wrote: [View Post]
bonsai wrote: [View Post]
[quote user="STEAMER" post="223488"][quote user="Bluey" post="223487"]I have a screen but I am happy with just a visor on the helmet, just like the feel of the wind
dust.[/quote]

Bluey, Have you thought about getting a set or Fork wind deflectors. I swear by mine. I could only get Memphis Shades deflectors, But you should be able to get Genuine HD, stainless type.[/quote]

Must be typical of the quality of chrome. I also bought the deflectors for my Fatboy and they started to rust inside the bend. Bit hard to see, but I know its there. I never tried for a replacement as I bought them from eBay from a Harley Dealer in the US quite a few years ago. Too much trouble. By the sounds of it a lot of people will have the same problems. It's not the first time I've heard that the quality of Harleys chrome work is shit....should be top quality stuff considering what we pay.     

If you buy another set of Harley deflectors, take them straight to a quality chrome plater (one that triple plates) and he will strip off the old chrome and plate them properly.
Harley has become like most manufacturers now (and even many chrome platers). They only use one layer of plating, and that one is cheap Chromium.

Quality plating is a 3 layer method. The first layer is Copper, second is Nickel, third is Chromium.

Where the problem lies is Chromium doesn't stick well to steel. But, Copper does, and it is also a rust prevention because it is non-ferrous.
So Copper goes on first to act like an undercoat. Chromium doesn't stick well to Copper either, so a layer of Nickel is used which does stick to Copper. And Chromium sticks to Nickel  

Just Chrome placed straight onto steel will peel off easily and allow the steel underneath to rust.  

t2002

evolve_1395233592_650013
-~- member: 109 -~- HERE'S MY GALLERY

. road_king_banner
. . .
EX-OWNER OF: 1997 Road King Classic- True Duals, Nostalgia Windshield, Early ElectraGlide Western Bars, Custom Paint Job, 2012 Air in the Tyres

-KEN- - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Permissions List