Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

2013 September Bike Of The Month Presentation - Chriso
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post 2013 September Bike Of The Month Presentation - Chriso 

With the need for something that handled, stopped, had balls,
and fulfilled a vision of something with black, black, black,
then Chriso’s Dyna is a perfect example . . .

THE 'HERCULEAN'
by Ken & Chriso

Chriso’s 2012 Dyna FatBob was a perfect blank slate for him to create exactly
what he had a vision of.  He had loved them since they first came out in 07.

After quite a bit of researching and ummming and
ahhhing he wasn’t sure which way to go in the engine department.
“Originally I was going down the path of putting a 120r in but was turned
off that for a few reasons. Two of them were reliability and the need of an
engineer’s certificate ($1500) to have it insured. After a lot of discussions
with my mate and mechanic Pete, also the head mechanics at Frasers in
Sydney and few blokes on other forums, the Stage 4 was the choice”.

cid_88cd0ae207464ffb96e1077c44e8bff0_cazronpc_1377947518_202653    . . . . .014

After a long wait Chriso’s bike finally arrived and was immediately taken to Pete in ACT and he put the Stage 4 in, squished the head,  put SE lifters in and a few other bits and pieces to strengthen it up.
That was a bit over 12 mths ago and he’s  done 31,000k’s on it since with no probs.  “As most of you know 14,500 was a trip round Aus with the missus. A couple of those days were over 1000k days so I was pleased that the bike was comfortable enough for the big Ks as well”.

"I have put Ricor shocks on, made for my weight and added Ricor Intimidators to the front stock springs in wideglide tubes, however I am now considering changing them to progressive springs just to soften it a tad in the front".

D & D fatcats were fitted for sound, looks and mostly performance. Although, as Chriso says, it did take 3 Harley's for the mechanic to bring him round to 2 into 1's. But now he loves 'em and would have nothing else.

.................................................................................................008_1377947757_698808

"I wanted this bike to be low black and mean, was totally over chrome from past bikes".

Black rockerboxes, black diamond grips and pegs, black billet rear brake
lever and shifter lever, black slotted gear shift linkages, black SE breather
cover, black tinted blinker lenses, black clutch and front brake levers, etc.

Chriso really loves ‘Black’.

cid_92b17611919d40f69571ab365905b4d8_cazronpc_1377947385_371832 . . . . . . . 011_1377949031_750409

Chriso's mate Pete does all the work on it apart from occasional oil change (every 5000) partly because running a business doesn't leave a lot of time and partly because he knows Pete does it properly as he takes great ownership and pride with it and has never let Chriso down.
"Plus I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed with mechanics".

Chriso explains his riding habits:
"The bob dont get ridden around town (like them softail show ponies) as im always in the work truck. So it might sit in the shed for 2 weeks and then get ridden 1000-1500 ks in a weekend. I love flogging it through the mountains most of all and will always try to steer clear of the freeways and take the backroads. Northern Vic, south coast are the pick in my eyes but also like the occasional ride out western New South.

Got a good bunch to ride with down here with the likes of Smad,Gnoo,Bluey,Baldy,Burra, the riverina fallas and all the new south mob as well as my crew from here. The boys are always up for a weekend away and are all as mad as cut snakes .
I'm lucky cause the missus loves my passion of bikes as much as me, and loves a trip away on it.

I Also ride a bit with a few of me ol man's ol mates, they are old school blokes who are no bullshit blokes and good value, been on an occasional trip up to QLD with em and also a few poker runs that they organise".

013_1377949327_465779  . . . . . . . 007_1377948830_235670

"I Love this bike and cant see myself ever parting with it, I ride it hard
and maintain it well. I don't worry to much about "what if's" with the
engine. I would rather enjoy flogging it then worrying. When and if it
breaks i will fix it and flog it again.
Haven't been left on the edge of the road yet from engine trouble with
this my 3rd performance engine ( touch wood).
This method has worked for me thus far in my riding career anyhows".

cid_9a47879562914a50aa612637b7fcb06f_cazronpc_1377947438_162265  . . . . .   006_1377947329_695604

The Technical Jargon:
by Rxes

OWNER: Chriso
STATE: ACT
Year & make: 2012 Dyna FatBob

Engine: 103 cu
Engine Mods: stage 4, CNC ported heads, 58 mil Throttle body, SE 259E cams 10.5 to 1 compression pistons, Perfect fit pushrods, SE clutch spring, SE lifters, SE pro super tuner, SE lifters, HD oil cooler, D & D fatcat 2 into 1s.

Suspension: Extra half inch long Ricor rear shocks (clearance reasons), Ricor intiminators in the front with wide glide tubes as they are 2 inches longer then stock (again for clearance)

Other Modifications: Sputhe stabilizers, Tri bar led tail light, Diamond black grips and pegs, Billet forwards, Black wrinkled rocker boxes.

Added Bling/Blackouts: pulley covers, detachable rack etc.. Black rocker boxes, black diamond grips and pegs, black billet rear brake lever and shifter lever,black slotted gear shift linkages, chrome lower belt guard, SE breather cover,black tinted blinker lenses,black clutch and front brake levers,domestic headlight conversion, tri-bar tail light ,HD oil cooler, detachable sissy bar ,rack and HD saddlebags,chrome HD batteruy cover strip..and fucked off reflectors are some of the extra shit added.Last thing i wanna do when i get some bucks is change the wheels, prob get some HD stingers.

Paint: Black Pearl (of course)

Tyres: Pirelli night dragons

Oil: Genuine Harley

Future Mods: stinger 17 inch wheels

_________________________________________________________________________________________

AND NOW A WORD WITH ROBO

Well ol mate Chriso.....Looks like we meet up again for yet another interview with the one and only..
 Well firstly ol cock...Congratulations on winning the BOM for the Month of September. Ya must be fricken stoked about it.

* Yep robo ,havent been as happy since the time i got me levis zipper unstuck from skin of me undernut

Yep...I'am hearing ya pain there brother....Got me ol mate stuck in a zipper once...Had to get 4inchs cut off...Never mind still got oodles....It was a tough Month to pick a winner. As with nearly every Month. Did you think that you would take it out with some of the finest looking Softails on display..

*As soon as i seen the softys mate i new i was in with a good chance  naa to be honest mate there is a lot of softail riders on our forum so didnt think i would be in with a show.

We all know the Fatbob is your pride and joy. The love of your life. The twinkle in your eye. The stirring in your Loins.....Do you ever think that you may sort of let it go in the near future..

*I have said "i will never sell this one" with all my Harleys, and have. But im quite sure this one will be staying. I have never rode one that handles,stops and goes quick as well as comfort and looks and there is nothing that Harley are bringing out that interests me anyhows.

Ok....How do you maintain this love....For your bike. Services etc.

*My mate Pete does all the services on her. Bike gets a caining so he does em every 5000ks and any other work that comes along. I do tinker with her a bit,occasional oil change and new bits and pieces but dont fuck with tunes or anything. partly cause i dont have time with trying to run a business, but mostly cause i aint smart enough for that tecnical stuff

Right on brother buzz.....What makes the Bob tick. What's cooking in the heart of the....Beast.

*103 stage 4 mate, CNC ported heads, 58 mil Throttle body, SE 259E cams 10.5 to 1 compression pistons, Perfect fit pushrods, SE clutch spring, SE lifters, SE pro super tuner.

Yeah....Cool shit. Some good stuf in there. Anymore future upgrades planed man.

*engine wise, no happy with how she goes, but if she ever fucks up prob 106 or 113 will be next. (hard to go backwards in the power department). Cosmetically i will change the wheels at some stage.

Rightio.....No more secrets. Ya put her down on a run not to long ago....Give us some facts. I heard on the NSW grapevine that you was trying, and pushing it to the limits around a bender trying to keep up with some.......Softails....Lost it. Fact or fiction.

*Bbwwwaaaaa that there is some funny shit ol mate  

Your version.

*Was riding that slow waiting for the softys that the fucken thing just fell on its side.

Much damage other then your ego.

*10 grands worth, but all cosmetic mate. The ego was a diffrent story, still healing.

Cuts deep seeing ya love lying in the gravel. Did you shed a tear like the rummours have it.

*no tears mate, but was fairly wounded that i had hurt me favirite girl....hope the missis dont see this  

Ok..No worries man....I'll just say I edited ya sinfull replies.....We've been all over your Love life before. Nothing happening there, as far as picking up a stray on a boys only run. Has you luck changed.

*Na we dont have them boys only runs down south ol mate, i think they QLD only thing.... anyhows my stray picking up days are over bud, im a good boy  

Ok ok....Nothing going on there. Loyal Husband. Understandable. You have a loving, caring wife. Bloody pearla of a lady actually.....Not many wives would travel as far as she did on the back of a Bob.........She is a keeper mate....How about the Bob. You fancy the new 2014 version......

*Fuck i have ot seen a ugllier harley since the first road king ...........,shit shit shit..  GLIDE i meant robo, glide.... since the first road glide come out  

Ok mate....I knows what ya said...Ok mate.....Nuff I say about your Bike. Lets dig into your stability. Mental. You knows the drill dill.I'll say a word. Random word. First think to come to mind answer. Dosen't have to be one word. But no more then 5 words hey.

*ahhh shi,t mental stability  

Ok..........Lets begin. Rabbit

#Gutted rabbit??

Wigs

*Sunday nights only

Oranges and chocolate

*Thats Tuesday nights

Cold fucking Coffee.

*A big no no

People leading the pack taking a slash on the fuckers in the mirrors.

*champion dyna riders

I did say leading the pack....Never mind...Turkish baths

*once again QLD only mate

Don't bath in NSW.....I forgots....sorry...Thumb grabbing hand shakes

*like goat milking you mean????

Yeah baby....But ya got be firm and gentle....WTF...Move on...Ok Chriso.........Been a pleasure ol cock......I never got this out in the original transcript.....Had to take a dump....Sorry.
All the best in getting the BOB back on the rails man....Try to stay upright. Let them Softies through in future Bro.....Injoy your month. And remember.
 God gives every bird it's worm.
 But he does not throw it into it's nest........
 Nuff said.

Pleasures been mine robo

evolve_1395233592_650013
-~- member: 109 -~- HERE'S MY GALLERY

. road_king_banner
. . .
EX-OWNER OF: 1997 Road King Classic- True Duals, Nostalgia Windshield, Early ElectraGlide Western Bars, Custom Paint Job, 2012 Air in the Tyres

Last edited by -KEN- on Thu 05 Sep, 2013 20:27; edited 3 times in total 
-KEN- - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: 2013 September Bike Of The Month Presentation - Chriso 

great write up bluey and another great interview .well done to the win chriso top notch bike ya have

baggerrob65 - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Geez Ken,robo,Bluey,rxes, well put together fellas, very professional

Back to topPage bottom

Hey Chriso, Lucky the pics are Before & not After photos you entered.

Congrats Again.

STEAMER - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Congrats again Chriso .. ya 'bob' truly is HERCULEAN .. I really enjoyed riding with & chasing you .. a well deserved win.

Fantastic presentation on the Winners Page & another great interview.

Rxes - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Well done Chriso on a great win and interview.

Mickle - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

NIce one fellas, good writeup.
Hope she heals up quick Chriso.

TheBigT - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Good stuff Chriso, and Robo, you're a legend (Huey gives every bird it's worm) what the fuck...have ya been reading Confucius again???     

Jacks - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Onya mate!!!      wicked!

http://waharleyriders.myfreeforum.org/index.php http://harleynswriders.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Lynchy - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Well done on the win,
Hope all heals up soon, (Including ego) lol
Ride Safe
Nigel

78gold - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

great stuff fellas       I'll say it again well deserved !! cool bike,hope she's back on the road sooner rather than later,good luck.

moff - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Nice write up guys, and a well deserved win Chriso............onya mate smiley-happy088

4 out of 3 people struggle with math....

Kiwi - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Great stuff blokes and congrats Chriso. Your bike is nearly as flash as the loaner you got    

Smad - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Nearly mate.............   

http://waharleyriders.myfreeforum.org/index.php http://harleynswriders.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Lynchy - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Hang on a fricken minute here......Wooooooo back. Did I miss something here.   
Am I under the belief that chriso is riding his Dyna saw arse on smads Lux........
Is that whats ima reading folks.....         

Robo - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Got back from holidays yesterday , did nothing until today then
decided to read up on what I missed .

All's I can say is I am very happy , thanks to the whole BOM team .

Bluey - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Wow.....what a fantastic presentation by The Team.

Good onya chriso - love ya bike mate n don't mind you (in small doses).

THE 'HERCULEAN'

Whoever selected the name has hit the mark spot on.  Fuggen love the name.

Burraburra - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Gots to give the BOM boys the biggest thumbs up on this layout.....Fanfuckingtastic. What other Forum in Australia offers so much effort from it's members..........Well done louts.

Robo - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

yep gotta agree with ya there mate, huge effort from all of yas.

A forum that does write ups in great detail of members bikes.

They dont mention that on other forums when the constantly bitch about this one.

Back to topPage bottom

robo wrote: [View Post]
Gots to give the BOM boys the biggest thumbs up on this layout.....Fanfuckingtastic. What other Forum in Australia offers so much effort from it's members..........Well done louts.

No other forum offers anything like it , that is why HDOZ is the
No1 Harley forum in Australia , and the best motorcycle forum
in Australia .

Stay tuned as the BOM team have more to offer it's members .

Bluey - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Permissions List