Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

2013 August Bike Of The Month Presentation
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post 2013 August Bike Of The Month Presentation 

Smad 2011 Softail Deluxe , 2013 August Bike Of The Month

********************* img_1284_1375696500_629063 *********************

Congratulations Smad on winning the August BOM! With a fine looking Softail Deluxe, and with its distinguished colour it stands out from the
rest and not to mention turning heads everywhere the bike turns up .

img_2006640x4785_1375696724_537512 *******             img_1268_1375697633_444645

Smad had been looking for the right cruiser for a while when he got a call from his brother- in- law , and after some quick phone
calls Smad was on his way to Tweed Heads to investigate, fast forward through some serious negotiating and Smad had sealed
the deal with his new pride and joy, the bike being in great condition with low kms, it was too good a score to let pass. He then
set on his journey home, with 1,400 km to his abode in Tumut, so instead of putting the bike on the trailer he decided to get to
know his new baby by riding the 1,400 klms home the long way .

img_1423_1375698031_760207 ************       cid_05c40bd7dbc2446a897f1f8b2b2f6e2a_cazronpc_1375698153_938737

He has had the bike a while now, and likens it to an old school cruiser, with the right amount of nostalgia. He is pretty happy with
it, but in the future a few changes are on the drawing board. On the aesthetic side a set thick spoked wheels, and a little more
bling, and then a 106 kit will help him keep up with Chriso , Gnoo and Pete who like to sit on the speed limit.

The bike is Smad's daily ride when he isn’t working as a driller for a mining company, his hand barely touches a steering wheel and
that's the way he likes it. He spends much of his time touring around on the bike, living in Tumut has given him access to some of
the best riding roads in the country . With the Snowy Mountains Hwy just a couple of km’s down the road, it’s a perfect path the
places like Jindabyne and Thredbo, but also the gateway to the lower South Coast. The other direction holds the Hume , around
40 klms west of Tumut , giving easy riding to destinations as far away as Victoria and beyond Canberra and Batemans Bay are also
a days ride to the east . In such a central location, with such a great bike, his options are endless.

img_0630_1375699448_639604 ************ harleyval153_1375699825_217155

Smad’s riding companions are often the Southern NSW crew comprising of the Riverina, Canberra, and South Coast crews, the Border
and Victoria crew, and the Four Rascals (Piglet , Gnoo , Smad and Zed). With so many riding buddies his calendar stays fairly full, with
organised rides every few weeks, and that's the way he likes to keep it.

cid_92cf6783f68e45f886f7fbf925c40991_cazronpc ************  cid_1b4cbb30139e4037aec793b9625f7bcc_cazronpc_1375700308_420977

A well deserved win Smad and your Softail Deluxe has earned it's place on the mantlepiece along with all the other BOM winners ,
and now it’s over to Robo .

*********************  img_1081_1375700597_182991 **********************

Well we meet again Smad. First of all I would like to congratulate for taken out our prestigious award of AUGUST BOM. Well done Champ

*Thanks very much ol China

Tell us about your sweet Delux man. What year is it man.

Cool, How long have you had it.

*close to two years now

Any mods done .

*nuthin major mate ,pipes, air,tuner, forward controls, grips, pegs ect the normal stuff

So what's in the pipe line for the Lux man. And big Turbos, Super Charger, Gas. Anything silly like that man.

*Dont want to alter the way she looks too much then she wouldn't be a nostalgia any more, later on i definatley want her to go harder thinking 106 kit, would love to force feed the motor but all the bolt ons stick out like dogs balls ruining the lines.

The Lux would have to be the most admired bike in the HD range. Even a lot of Dyna riders get hard when they see a Lux.....Agree man.

*fewk yeah, i didnt really think i would buy one till i saw her in the flesh, love at first sight man, must admit to chubbing up as i rode her out the stealers ha ha

Chubbed up... You ride it hard man. Or just treat her with the love and respect one should offer a grand bike.

*I ride it like I stole it when the mood takes but am happy to cruise along singing to meself as well

It's a rare colour. I only ever recall seeing one in the flesh. Great paint in the sun man. Pics don't do it justice. Is that what caught your eye.

*oh yeah the colour is pure magic, makes the bike in my opinion, only seen one other the same myself, soon as i saw it i thought fark yeah i WANT

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<..............>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Damn at this point ol mate Robos interview got blown to shit by a good ol Mountain breeze...
Back in order I hopes...Now were where. Work done....paint. Ok. Aggottts scratch and adjustment.
Is the Lux a keeper mate, or can ya see yaself in the future getting a new one.

*she's a keeper mate, I'm no lightweight, so the bigger style bike suits me

Life's funny hey....The upgrade to the Lux is the Heritage. As like the SOftail Standard to the Custom. Yet in most case. Heritage and custom. When peoples buy them. They actually take all the gear off and down grade them to the .....Lesser bike. So to speak. Do you wish you would have bought the Heritage and have all the extras sitting in the shed.

* Na mate it wouldn't be called a deluxe if it wasn't the top shelf model ha ha

Point...Good point man... If it wasn't for the instant hardy ya cracked on seeing the Lux. What do ya reckon you could be burning up the hills on .......Other then the Lux.

*A Night Train would be my next choice, next would be a Fatbob only for the handling tho, bikes gotta have style far as i think anyway

FARK YEAH...Trains man. You like the floor boards man. I find them great on the King. Good to be to move to hooves around ya think.

*Hated the boards took em off soon as i could. Was always wanting to push me feet thru em and stretch me legs out, would put highway pegs on if i didn't have to put them girly crash bars on her, so just rest me feet on top of the pegs if i need to change possie a bit

Ok man.....I think we nailed near everything there is to know about one of HDs finest produced bike there is. Lets just do a little quiz to see if ya have changed mentally since the 30 seconds nonsense....Ok

*mkay

Same as before boss. I'll just put a word or statement out there. You just bang it with the first to come to mind...
Cornmeat sandwiches

*delish

Pickles or relish

*relish

Beer or spirits

*both

Smokes or cones.

*smokes, had too many cones in me youth

Women or critters. Honestly now.

*ha ha errmm Women they have really good bits on em

Dynas or Pink tutus

*your arse gets sore in both cases ha ha

Pink or Black.

*pink with a dash of brown

Spitters or gurglers.

*gurglers they are keen man

Ok Smad.....Man.....It's been a fricken pleasure brother. Enjoy the accolades of owning not only owning one of HDs finest bikes. but also winning a prestigious prize with it...HDAU BOM.
From us all here at the HDAU shop.....Congrates man. Enjoy. I'm outta here. To cold up here in the mountains.
Nuff said.

:::::::::::::

img_1278_1375700744_332636 ************  cid_dab133f5dbaa41f2a9b8207446a4fc3d_cazronpc_1375700878_328829

:::::::::::::

Specification.
Model .. Deluxe
Year .. 2011
Engine Modifications .. SEPST, Stage one mods, straight shot pipes
Suspension .. Front Standard, 422 rear shocks so he can stay in front of the dyna's
Other Modifications .. Forward controls, town seat
Added Bling .. very little
Owned .. Since near new, very low k's on it
Tyres .. White walls
Oil .. Nulon Twin Synth oil
Ridden .. rides the bastard everywhere when he’s not workin’
Ride Style .. Ride hard, Ride Safe
Future Mods .. 106 Kit , Thick spoked wheels , A little more bling but not too much
Anything else ya wanna say about ya bike ..

:::::::::::::::

img_1286_1375700977_790962 ************  photo_1370605130_356695_1375701219_324469

Last edited by Rxes on Tue 06 Aug, 2013 04:54; edited 2 times in total 
Bluey - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: 2013 August Bike Of The Month Presentation 

Well done Smad ol cock......And what another fantastic presentation....Well done BOM team. +1 Gold .

Robo - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Good on ya smadman, same goes to you blokes in the BOM team, must be a full time job for yas and yas do it well

Back to topPage bottom

Congratz Smad...
Nice looking bike.!

Robbery65 - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Well done everyone.

Burraburra - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Great write up, well done Smad.

4 out of 3 people struggle with math....

Kiwi - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Fantastic Presentation!

Just like a magazine Spread.
Top work blokes.

And a top win Smad  

evolve_1395233592_650013
-~- member: 109 -~- HERE'S MY GALLERY

. road_king_banner
. . .
EX-OWNER OF: 1997 Road King Classic- True Duals, Nostalgia Windshield, Early ElectraGlide Western Bars, Custom Paint Job, 2012 Air in the Tyres

Last edited by -KEN- on Mon 05 Aug, 2013 22:30; edited 1 time in total 
-KEN- - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Well done Smad, a credit to you.

STEAMER - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

What can I say.. Wow... mucho thanks to the BOM team for their efforts! Jeez musta been stuck in first gear in thst first speedo pic.... where the hell did ya get that selfie photo bwaaa. Just a note,no man is an island and it is thru this forum that I have in met and ridden with people of such high calibre that it  gives me restored faith in human types, big thanks to yas,you know who yas are,ya make riding an awsome bike even more awsome! I think theres somethimg in that for all of us as me ol uncle Arthur used to say      

Smad - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Smad wrote:  
What can I say.. Wow... mucho thanks to the BOM team for their efforts! Jeez musta been stuck in first gear in thst first speedo pic.... where the hell did ya get that selfie photo bwaaa. Just a note,no man is an island and it is thru this forum that I have in met and ridden with people of such high calibre that it  gives me restored faith in human types, big thanks to yas,you know who yas are,ya make riding an awsome bike even more awsome! I think theres somethimg in that for all of us as me ol uncle Arthur used to say      

Totally agree Smad , like I have always said " We are more a social club than a forum "
I am glad the whole BOM team work together all month to give the forum what is now
the best of any monthly thread of any motorcycle forum in Australia .

Big thanks to the Robo . Rxes and Ken for making it possible , because I couldn't do
it on my own .

Bluey - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Beautifull bike and a great story to boot, congrats smad

Todd - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Well done Smad. Great bike and a well deserved win. Big kudos to the BOM team for an excellent spread.

petebob - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Congratulations Smad.
Another damn fine scoop Robo.
Great layout & story Bluey .. the best thus far.

Rxes - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Congratulations smad! Looks fine and well deserved! Great write up too guys.

als1200 - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Wicked interview mate, and she's a beautiful horse to be sure!! Congrats again!

http://waharleyriders.myfreeforum.org/index.php http://harleynswriders.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Lynchy - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Congrats Smad, good work mate. Great interview too,,,good read.

TheBigT - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

congrats august bom winner .

baggerrob65 - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

smadsgirl

Back to topPage bottom

I missed this  ....   my apologies to Smad, BOM & Robo.

Awesome write up and pic's fella's, top class as per usual

cruza - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

cruza wrote:  
I missed this  ....   my apologies to Smad, BOM & Robo.

Awesome write up and pic's fella's, top class as per usual

Full credit goes to Bluey and the team ol mate. My little input is nothing to the work that goes into the presentation.....Big huge Plus for the Forum this sort of display. Fantastic.......Maybe we should move it up the line a bit, were it might get more exposure......Thoughts.

Back to topPage bottom

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Permissions List