Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 1 of 1

Febuary 2013 Bike of the Month winner
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Febuary 2013 Bike of the Month winner 

..Hey Bluey man congrats on the win.. nice ride too btw.

Thanks Robo , it was a close vote with only a couple of votes in it all the way through the month
and may I say that all the other bikes where also well presented , I think it just came down to
 who had the best picture . It is a nice ride for sure , very clean .

..Ok, being an ex Fireman did you ever do a Photo shoot for a Calender.

LOL , no mate no calender shots , but I did do photo shots for about half a dozen of the NSWFB
swap cards , and I must say I look cool on them . I know the bloke who does the calender well ,
 his name is Rhett and he lives here in Batemans Bay and he also rides a Dyna , I did try and get
him to put a photo of me holding my Fireman's hose on the calender but he thought it would be better
 suited for Milf Magazine or Ribald

..We all know that Fireys pull the chicks. You riding a Harley must have gave you the edge over other Fireys.

Yeah they are magnets for chicki babes for sure , we had to keep in top shape so our fitness levels
where higher than most others so that is why they always wanted to play with our hoses . But for me
I have had the same girl since school , I first met her when she was about 15 and started dating her
when she was 16 , been together ever since .

..Have you made any upgrades to your machine?

The Fatty has a stage one Screaming Eagle Pro tuner , Karyakyn air cleaner , Vance and Hines
big radius pipes , plenty of Arlen Ness bling , not really interested in performance products for
 the engine , it does 205 kph by the speedo and I am pretty happy with that . Most of my riding
 is done on highways that are heavily patrolled by police so a performance bike would be pretty
 much a waste of time , every ride I go on involves either the Princes Highway or the King's Highway
 , but is is good to get out west with the Rina and Canberra crew where you can actually sit on a
decent speed without worrying about coppers annoying you , but I need to get out past Canberra
to do that .

.. Do you have any plans for it?

I am going to put a chrome swingarm on it , chrome rear pulley , chrome belt guard , chrome handlebar
 controls , braided stainless brake lines , stainless braided cables , either polished alloy front sliders or a
chrome set , chrome rear master cylinder and a few other shinny bits and pieces . I don't want to spend
 heaps on it as I am waiting for the six speed CVO models to drop in price a bit , I think money would be
better spent on a second hand CVO Fatboy then spending a heap on a standard Fatboy , I have to go a
second hand one as a retired firey's wage is not that good .

..Do you think women love Harley riders over Japers

Interesting question that one Robbo , never owned a Jappa so not sure but I never see a women jump
 off the back of a Harley without a smile on their face , and that thumping vibrating effect they get when
 sitting on the back of a Harley always keeps them happy and being with a Harley rider is also about being
a part of a lifestyle which a jap bike can't give you , anyrate a Jappa don't vibrate enough to keep them
with a smile on their faces .

.. I see you like your shiney bits. Do you believe in Chrome gets you home. Black makes it look slack.

Yep for sure , love my chrome , don't get me wrong some people like a lot of black , but it's just not
 for me , when I bought my first brand new FXWG wideglide in 1980 , everything was shinny black , the
whole motor and gearbox , but it only lasted about 18 months and it was back to all alloy with polished
 covers and plenty of chrome .

..Do you do your own services. Or prefer a Stealer to service the Fatty.

I have always done all my own work on all my bikes , their are some very good mechanics out there
 working for stealers but they will never be touching any of my bikes , full stop , I get as much enjoyment
 out of working on my bikes as I do riding them . If I ever need a full motor rebuild I will use the correct
 engineers to set up my crank , do my rebores or setting up my heads as I don't have the right tooling to
 do so , but as for everything else I do it myself .

..Whats is the best ride you have been on and why?

I would have to say this twin cam is the best ride I have ever owned , I rode Shovels for around
 32 years and I loved them , in fact my Fatboy was not as quick as what my worked shovel was
and I cant even get close to a wheel stand under sheer power carrying for around 50 metres
when I hit second gear , and I don't think it is even as fast as what my shovel was but the reality
 of it is that it doesn't vibrate , it is far more reliable , things don't fall off it half way through a ride
you don't need to do two hours of maintenance every 10 - 15 hours of riding , different parts of the
bike don't crack up or break , they don't call shovels cattle dogs for nothing they call them cattle dogs
because you always see them on the back of a ute . But I will also say that my 1969 Triumph Bonneville
 is also an incredible bike to ride , it handles un-real but just does not have the cruising capacity of a big
 twin .

..How many bikes have you owned and what were they?

I have owned a few bikes in my time and I tend to hang onto them all , in fact I still have my first ever
road bike I owned , it is a 1968 Triumph trophy , I still have my first ever Harley I bought in the late 1970's
 it is a 1975 Sporty , I bought a brand new FXWG Wideglide in 1980 , sold that to buy a 1969 Geni Shovel ,
 sold that bought a FXE Superglide and had that until 2012 , I also have owned a 1969 Triumph Bonneville
for over 20 years and would never ever part with it under any circumstances , I have also been collecting
various vintage bikes since the 1970's , a very original 1949 Norton ES2 500 single which is currently being
 fully restored , an original Ariel 650 Huntmaster , another 2 Triumphs in pieces with enough spares to do me a lifetime of riding ,

..Besides riding what else fills up your spare time?

Keeping very fit , I swim a lot at the beach as I live less than a kilometer from it , snorkeling a lot and I even surf
 as it is a great way of keeping you sane and fit , no i'm not a skeg but I have friends that live that lifestyle . I also
work a lot on my property , I live on about 6 acres and that keeps you busy as well . But most of all I enjoy building
 and fixing bikes , getting into my garage and playing with bikes is the most relaxing and stress relieving past time
 I do , and doing it on my own with no one else around me is the best way .

..Any words of advice for guys new to the Harley scene?

Sure do , enjoy every minute of it and always be very mindful that is is dangerous out on the road , riding a Harley
 is a lifestyle that you will be a part of for a very long time so don't do anything stupid that will put an end to riding
prematurely , and never put shit on what other people ride who gives a fuck what they ride as long as they are having
 as much fun as you are that's all that matters . Have a listen to other fuckwits putting shit on other peoples rides and
 then say to yourself , he is a fuckwit and I don't want to look like a fool talking the same shit he is .

..Great to hear a bit about your ride and your thoughts mate, enjoy your month

p1010685_1
 p1010696_2_1
 resize4
 resize2

Robo - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Febuary 2013 Bike Of The Month Winner 

congrats again on the win bluey . great write up aswell.

nice bike mate well deserved win.

baggerrob65 - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Great interview blokes, congrats again on the win mate

http://waharleyriders.myfreeforum.org/index.php http://harleynswriders.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Lynchy - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

rigged blahahahahahahahaahahahahah

Back to topPage bottom

OLDSKOOLCUSTOMS wrote:  

SHut up Unc......I'am the best Mod money can buy.....

Robo - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Good work bluey, and interview.
BTW blue I have also met Rhett, nearly bought a bike off him. Also remember when he was doing that photoshoot thingy.
I think from memory his brother was organising it.

Last edited by Guest on Sun 17 Feb, 2013 08:54; edited 1 time in total 

Back to topPage bottom

OLDSKOOLCUSTOMS wrote:  

Haaaa , you Penrith hoons where always jeolous of us cool Blacktown / Sevo dudes

dance_08  dance_08  dance_08  dance_08

Bluey - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Good one Bluey well done and a real nice ride.

Back to topPage bottom

I tips me hat to ya Bluey smiley-happy088

evolve_1395233592_650013
-~- member: 109 -~- HERE'S MY GALLERY

. road_king_banner
. . .
EX-OWNER OF: 1997 Road King Classic- True Duals, Nostalgia Windshield, Early ElectraGlide Western Bars, Custom Paint Job, 2012 Air in the Tyres

-KEN- - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

ol not the way i remember it bluey ..can remember having many a good fight an even put a blacky boys head into the front window of TOMY RIDICULOUS SPORTS STORE one thurs night mmmm the days of bein fit n healthy an not a care in the world ..these days half dead an dont care lol        

Back to topPage bottom

Congrads Bluey, she is a beauty...great writeup

Jacks - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Congratulations Bluey, your bike caught my eye from the minute I opened the voting page.

"If at first you don't succeed, call in a fuckin' air strike"

Rab - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Well done bluey. Congrats mate, well deserved.

Guys who ride step-thru scooters wish they rode a Harley, but prefer to feel the breeze on their vaginas.

SDMF - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Congrats again Bluey .. & bloody good scoop Robo ..  

Rxes - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

TOP effot guys, and a great win Bluey, there were some excellent bike in there

4 out of 3 people struggle with math....

Kiwi - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Permissions List