Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 90 of 92
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91, 92  Next
Go to page   

Where Did Ya Ride This Weekend ??
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: Where Did Ya Ride This Weekend ?? 

Ball bag wrote: [View Post]
Can’t make that weekend going on that three day ride with Fang , have fun fellas
Forgot about that one...my bad.  There is always July.

EZI63 - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

A mob I’m a member of did it’s first winter ride for 2018 with 8 bikes. It’s called the Meadowbank loop. From Hobart to New Norfolk, Westerway, Meadowbank lake and then the Gretna pub for lunch. 3c when I left home, 4.9c at Westerway and 2.9c at Meadowbank. Frost, fog and a few frothies.

Wide One - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Wide One wrote: [View Post]
A mob I’m a member of did it’s first winter ride for 2018 with 8 bikes. It’s called the Meadowbank loop. From Hobart to New Norfolk, Westerway, Meadowbank lake and then the Gretna pub for lunch. 3c when I left home, 4.9c at Westerway and 2.9c at Meadowbank. Frost, fog and a few frothies.

The beers would be nice and cold..

Back to topPage bottom

Went and did a surprise visit to Rxe and Jen's.

of course I got a little lost taking a short cut there and missed a turn

but got there

and it was a nice ride

Col - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Went for a ride Friday to Walcha for a 2 nighter, with group of friends.  Up there via Bucketts way & Gloucester. Stayed at Apesly Hotel where friendly owners and lock up garage for bikes. Then home Sunday via Tamworth & New England h,way. Just over 700km for the weekend.

STEAMER - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Nice early run out through Esk and up to Blackbutt with probably the worst brekkie I have ever had at Yarraman.  Bucket loads of heavy fog to contend with. On to Dukes Road Old School Bikers camp  for a coffee and a chat with Pete and a couple of fellas staying over.  Back on the bike and followed a road recommended by these blokes which takes you past a couple of small dams and brings you out on the Esk-Hampton road.  Turned out to be a real nice ride and then down to Esk for some fuel and head for home.  Ran into the only rain 10 minutes from home.  Nice morning out and about running a tank and a bit through the bike.

Back to topPage bottom

EZI63 wrote: [View Post]
Nice early run out through Esk and up to Blackbutt with probably the worst brekkie I have ever had at Yarraman.  Bucket loads of heavy fog to contend with. On to Dukes Road Old School Bikers camp  for a coffee and a chat with Pete and a couple of fellas staying over.  Back on the bike and followed a road recommended by these blokes which takes you past a couple of small dams and brings you out on the Esk-Hampton road.  Turned out to be a real nice ride and then down to Esk for some fuel and head for home.  Ran into the only rain 10 minutes from home.  Nice morning out and about running a tank and a bit through the bike.
nice I rode nowhere

Ball bag - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

I'll buzz you and heads up before I do another.

Back to topPage bottom

I'll buzz you and heads up before I do another.
sounds good mate

Back to topPage bottom

Short run down the Mornington Peninsula today. Plenty of bikes out despite the wet roads and freezing air.

TheBigT - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Over the month the missus and I went Rocky to Brisbane and back one weekend with Rocky, Sarina, Clermont, Emerald and back to Rocky the following weekend.

Next ride starts Friday, Chicago to Los Angeles on Route 66 with side trips to Monument Valley and Vegas.  A lot of saving to be able to go over there, looking forward to riding it.

Gonski - 2010 FLSTC Heritage Softail

Lord Viykor - View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Lord Viykor wrote: [View Post]
Over the month the missus and I went Rocky to Brisbane and back one weekend with Rocky, Sarina, Clermont, Emerald and back to Rocky the following weekend.

Next ride starts Friday, Chicago to Los Angeles on Route 66 with side trips to Monument Valley and Vegas.  A lot of saving to be able to go over there, looking forward to riding it.

That sounds excellent , looking forward to plenty of photo's and as usual, don't forget my T shirt....
Cheers mate and safe and happy travels.

Back to topPage bottom

Nice LV like Bill said plenty of pics please stay safe

SLIP - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Had a great day on the bike with Ezi great lunch at goombungie pub, and did a fair few miles for the day

Back to topPage bottom

Had a great day on the bike with Ezi great lunch at goombungie pub, and did a fair few miles for the day

Yep, my rough calculations are a bit over 500klms for me.  Nice and crisp riding weather. Might be an age thing but am considering a set of gloves.

Back to topPage bottom

Yep, my rough calculations are a bit over 500klms for me.  Nice and crisp riding weather. Might be an age thing but am considering a set of gloves.
by the time ya think about winter will be over   

Back to topPage bottom

Had an awesome ride down to Dubbo Saturday just gone ..
besides the fuck'n rough roads    & cold  sm_cold  sm_cold
Had a bloody good run ..
& a now needed new pair of rear shocks   

Never seen so many dead roos {bloody big ones too .. heaps} & quite a few wallabies too, on both sides of the road ..    
I'm talking in the hundreds .. from just out of Warwick, all the way to Dubbo [via Mendooran cutting out Gilgandra] ..
closer to Dubbo there were less ..
But in the stretch 60 k's each side of Inglewood, Goondiwindi, K's of rotting carcasses .. Moore not as constant/thick ..
1 every couple of meters, even closer sections of several hundred meters long, but no less than 1 every 10 meters for a good couple of K's .. fresh & old, half-eaten & right down to just bones & skin .. but a much higher % of fresh to recent ..
ONLY 4 live roo's spotted          .. several decent sized dead pigs within a K of each other this side of Goondi ..

Left 7 am {wifey wanted to wait for the sun   } -3° ..
Pulled up at Warwick for fuel ..
stomping, clapping & rubbing hands were needed for a bloody good few minutes before I could feel enough to be able to undo the bloody cap & grasp the pump   ..
just before 9 am coming through Inglewood, spotted an opening Cafe .. !! COFFEE !!      ..
U-ie ..
went through the thaw out motions     ..
The young {late teens} fella was in the process of putting out sugar & napkin trays, but just stood holding the stuff watching me as I walked in ..  
After a HOT cuppa in the sun & a bit of a thaw out .. which wasn't working as well for us as we were hoping for ..
check out the frost in the background behind wifey ..
 bloody_cold_2
 bloody_cold_1
Bugger all traffic .. there were on the occasions of trucks & caravaners in convoy of two or three {quicly navigated around    } ..
lunch at Narrabri, hoping for the chance to warm up didn't seem to eventuate either .. but at least hands & feet had feeling again  
Fuck KFC .. fuck'n should be KFQ .. Q for quail .. at least it was quite eatable & was fresh   but fuck'n tiny, leg only 100 mm     ..  said to the shop worker to tell her boss to "let the birds grow up before harvest told 'em I'll be back to check"
On the fuck'n rough bloody tree avenue cross-shaded roads all the way through The Pilliga to Dubbo is a killer on suspension & eyes      
Pulled into the motel just on 4:30 pm .. function started at 5, wifey happy .. cold, but happy .. & so much more appreciative of a hot shower    
Informed that evening that it was -4° that Saturday  morning in Dubbo, 14th
Sunday morning after meeting up with relo's, cruising around Dubbo .. 11:30 am hit the A39    fuck'n just as rough as the back way from Coona   
Hit two impossible to see dangerous ones in shaded sections        
1. just before Gil,
2. just before coming out of the Pilla reserve .. both times I had just come up on slower traffic & had to wait for on coming, doing only 95 km/h, bike hit hard but not smashed, but rear did bottom out   .. front was barely noticeable ..
Pulled into Narrabri KFQ .. again fresh & eatable .. they hadn't grown the bird like I told them .... she near shat herself when I walked in the following day     ..
Gearing up & checking over My Bike ..

1 [about] 5 mm spot of oil on ground just behind primary, just inside frame line .. looked under found nothing under primary or spray behind point on frame .. wifey laying flat on right side, spotted leak on left shock ..    fuck'n rough piss poor attempts at major h'wys   
Arrived just on total sunset at 80 k zone Moore .. stayed for the night ..
Monday morning My Bike check .. bigger leak, spray & a larger puddle of dripped oil .. done a bounce test one good shock .. sweet to go ..
Pulled into Inglewood Cafe, again .. bloody nice feed of egg & bacon roll, they remembered us, talked to the owner who told us how when we arrived Saturday, it had only just turned 0°, was -5° at 7:30 when she first got up, had to hound her grandson to get moving, stop complaining about the cold .. hence the amazement on young fella on first visit ..
& here I was thinking all the way from first leaving home "it is only going to get warmer" .. it didn't .. it got fuck'n colder, it was -6° in Warwick {only just found that out today} ..
Home on jack ..
 busted_shock1
92,000 K's on some bloody rough roads .. original shock has done well ..
No cops seen either .. both ways ..

Me ..
Feeling awesome today .. mentally, totally charged .. body, ain't feeling it .. keeps telling me to fuck off ..
Be a few days before the part B therapy starts ..
now to save for a new set of shocks ..

Last edited by Rxes on Tue 17 Jul, 2018 23:20; edited 1 time in total 
Rxes - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

That is a nice solid ride man, your missus is one of a kind.  Guessing all the aches and pains will be gone by the weekend so good stuff all round.  Bit surprised by the number of roos out that way but they have been saying the roos have exploded in numbers.  After my incident with a roo last year, I tend to wait for the sun to come up as well.  Good read mate.

Back to topPage bottom

Cheers EZI .. still riding the buzz & body is more compliant ..
Yeah mate .. I've never seen that many dead by the roads    
.. & I've lived in areas of roos & traveled the odd Km once or twice through 'increased numbers' {it co-insides with seasons quality}
Even after several dry seasons that prior few seasons were wet .. increased numbers but no more than usual of road kill ..

Makes me wonder how much the higher amount of traffic has to do with it too ??

Also ..
Yeah .. wifey is a good one ..

takes some patience sometimes ..  
but it's being all worth it ..  

thus far    

Rxes - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Surely thats Not some grey hair poking out from under Young Jens beanie.
Na, must be icycles from the cold. Haha

Last edited by STEAMER on Fri 20 Jul, 2018 07:05; edited 1 time in total 
STEAMER - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91, 92  Next

Permissions List