Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 1 of 5
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Dyna/Softail
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Dyna/Softail 

Ok, think this one might get interesting.   which one of the two are you riding and why?

Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Dyna/Softail 

Superglide..... coz Ive never trusted softails.......... Thru sheer ignorance mind you..
When they first come out, I was just a teenager, and it seemed kool to reject anything new
Ive only ever ridden 2 further than 10k, so  I dont even have experience with em to draw upon.

Its just a mind set that seemed to stick..

so its normally swungarms for me

Robbery65 - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Borrowed a fatbob today while Christine was getting new bars. Cornered better but felt too different for me. Harsh comes to mind (whick could be translated as responsive)

The fatty was just like me FLH but newer, absorbs any bumps in the road so I reckon I made the right choice for me. Each to their own ay     

http://waharleyriders.myfreeforum.org/index.php http://harleynswriders.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Lynchy - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Know a couple of locals with Dynas....gay

I bought the fatboy as I think they are an iconic piece of machinery. Solid, average power and handling. Excellent basis to build a good touring bike. Good tank size. Road presence.   Dynas just looked too small to me.

But each to their own. So long as your happy with what ya got then any one elses opinion means fuck all!

Last edited by Guest on Thu 17 Jan, 2013 19:41; edited 1 time in total 

Back to topPage bottom

Dicko wrote:  
Know a couple of locals with Dynas....gay

hahahahahaha
Bwaaahhhhhhhhh! love ya work sir Dicko. expected nothing less from you ol mate.  

Back to topPage bottom

good thread this one will be mate. its got me fucked why anyone would buy one of them ol mans bikes, ok for sitting on the straights all day and riding through town saying look at me on my big strong harley davidson.
Look all i can say is if ya want a bike that ya can ride like they should be riden a dyna is the go.
I have lent me mates fat girl on a number of big trips so i do have a comparison to go off.
Anyways waiting at the pubs for 20 mins everytime we go for a ride for the ol ladies on there softtails after all there wallowing and fighting coirners is enouh to tell the tail       here we go..........

Back to topPage bottom

Hahahahahahaha Yeah mate gotto agree with the dyna handling. Very nice

http://waharleyriders.myfreeforum.org/index.php http://harleynswriders.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Lynchy - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

chriso wrote:  
good thread this one will be mate. its got me fucked why anyone would buy one of them ol mans bikes, ok for sitting on the straights all day and riding through town saying look at me on my big strong harley davidson.
Look all i can say is if ya want a bike that ya can ride like they should be riden a dyna is the go.
I have lent me mates fat girl on a number of big trips so i do have a comparison to go off.
Anyways waiting at the pubs for 20 mins everytime we go for a ride for the ol ladies on there softtails after all there wallowing and fighting coirners is enouh to tell the tail       here we go..........

Back to topPage bottom

mmmm ok had my first harley very young lol an since then had anuther i think 27 or 28 of em had softys an dynas had hardtails an swingarm shovel frames with evos in it had big miles on buells an done few thou on vrods too basically ive ridden most bikes out there duc jappas ect now if ya set up a soft tail the right way it will keep up an out handle a dyna an if ya setup a dyna it will keep up to a sorted softy an most jappas too and the biggest thing most in a thread like this forget is i can jump on a softy an blow most dynas away but its only cause i have no fear an can ride pretty good ..some just like to plod along an some like to race take rab for instance he no spring chicken but he has a very quik as fuck bike that handles then look at say bulldoggy he got a rubberglide but likes to just putt along at his own pace
ive seen blokes that can ride fall apart on some bikes an ive seen blokes that r average riders turn into mick doonan on another bike as i have alwways said DYNOS PROVE SHIT IF THE BLOKE CANT RIDE NO AMOUNT OF HP WILL HELP HIM
so all you lot in my eyes are equal all ya bikes are equall because ya doin one thing i cant these days an thats goin for a decent ride together ok get fucked im right again blahahahahahahaahahaha       

Back to topPage bottom

softail all the way     
luv the smooth lines plus had a sporty and was to harsh for my bad back dyna the same plus
to me the dynas just look like a sporty lol

ANT - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Dyna kus the bob was all i could afford!! Don't realy care who has what Bikes like cars will appeal to the different mental side. Fuck i'm lucky to ride me bob more than 40ks at the moment but its a good 40kms.

Back to topPage bottom

suppose i should add, coupla yrs ago a fella that i was looking after (me being a support worker) went for a drive to cairns from port douglas, with no intentions of where we were going. at the time i had a XR650r and a 450 quad, i made a suggestion that we go and have a look at some bike shops, at the time i was cashed up and even said to ol mate " what ever ya do, dont let me buy anything" as a half hearted joke, " yeah, no worries " fist port a call was the local HD dealer, walked in and instantley fell in love with a 2010 fxdwg, and ended up putting a deposit on the fucker right there an then. coupla months later, sold me landcruiser, quad and xr and payed the fucker outright, with no regrets!

Back to topPage bottom

also it really dosnt matter what you ride as long as you are riding   

ANT - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

...Softies...Yes Sir....Fucken Dynas are big girl sporties.....    .... I own a Tourer but still working the butter on the ol girl on letting me buy an ol Delux.....07/08 to fuck around with.....Slam it and shit like that.
The King i far better bike to ride around the rough shit roads around here.....Lot more comfy then me ol Softies......But with saying that....Me Softy was nearly a rigid....Love the lines of the Softies.
But....with saying that.....I would proudly own any of em....Dynas or Softies..

Robo - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Oh come on fellas that's boring. Who don't like the good ol dyna/ softy debate.
And hey Ron why is it that people have to explain that softys can handle like dynas
if ya have the right rider.  

Back to topPage bottom

chriso wrote:  
And hey Ron why is it that people have to explain that softys can handle like dynas
ok, her we go Chriso. SOFtaiLS aRe ShiT!  

Back to topPage bottom

corker wrote:  
chriso wrote:  
ok, her we go Chriso. SOFtaiLS aRe ShiT!  

Fuck yeah buddy, big heavy hunks of shit HAHAHAHA

Back to topPage bottom

Dyna or Softail?

Hmmmm . . . . .

Neither!

Gotta be a Tourer  
Yaayyyy for the Road Kings  

evolve_1395233592_650013
-~- member: 109 -~- HERE'S MY GALLERY

. road_king_banner
. . .
EX-OWNER OF: 1997 Road King Classic- True Duals, Nostalgia Windshield, Early ElectraGlide Western Bars, Custom Paint Job, 2012 Air in the Tyres

-KEN- - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Dragon Man wrote:  
Dyna or Softail?

Hmmmm . . . . .

Neither!

Gotta be a Tourer  
well there ya go, thought the tourers were setup the same as the softies, lesson lernt

Back to topPage bottom

Dragon Man wrote:  
Dyna or Softail?

Hmmmm . . . . .

Neither!

Gotta be a Tourer  

Back to topPage bottom

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions List