Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

2012 Mmm 2013
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post 2012 Mmm 2013 

ok every yr i normally write my thoughts ect on the past yr ,so if you lot are all good with it ill post it up here
2012 well wat a year i recovered after bein sick as hell from dropping down to 50 morph a day from 600 plus per day .took a few months but so far in the last yr ive put on 10 kilo lol oops plus the odd 1 or 2 .i can eat food that ive missed since 06 an can have a dump like a normal person.i kno to much info lol anyhows january saw me start up the OLDSKOOL 24HR BIKE TOWING  an it was with a big help and encouragement from angustriple and issues ..
i have watched a great mate/brother have a ball on his bike after i sorted his motor but sadly DAVE died in a prang as you know.once word got out blokes like choco an some other brothers an a bloke mick who is the owwner operator of BUNDY CAR MARKET called an got me to do his 93 dyna build .once again with the help of angustriple he put me onto a lady in w.a who advised me in tax ways ect how to sort the buisness from towing to mech now .robyn from PERCHANCE BOOKEEPING has done wonders for me an few other mates .so then OLDKOOL CUSTOM BIKES & 24HR BIKE TOWING was formed i have been a member of the spleenvent for many yrs an still call it home but hdoz is inline with the vent (sorry but it just the way i feel)
i used to go into the other forum but i used to get the shits cause i had to hold my tounge or couldnt say wat the mind n heart wanteed me to say so i followed dicko an lynchy here an i am wrapped wit how this forum has gone from good to great to one of the best 2 forums in australia .
since startin the buisnes ive had few small strokes an 1 minor fuckup mainly threw me not takein it easy ect
im lucky enough to have had BIKESONLY TRANSPORT contract me to do their pickups an deliveries around my area ..but now i will have a mate doin the hervey bay gympie area so we r gettin bigger slowly but not to big as i dont ever want to loose the OLDSKOOL SERVICE OLDSKOOL PRICES motto .ova the yr ive worked on bikes from choco ..issues barra an now got few orders in from a few forum me,mbers ,so 2013 is lookin good so far also met merlin rabs an few others at the SARINA DIRT DRAGS which i reckon the forum if possible could make it an annual run as the drags are top fun
last yr gave me happiness with my sons finishin projects an doin good with their lives ive had a heap of heart ache too with loosein a family member an R.I.P DAVE ,MOE , ROO all brothers in my club .it makes me wonder why i am still here but i am just thankfull i am
my feelin is while i still here will make the most of it helpin ppl an tryin to build some pretty sikass bikes like i did in the 80s/90s which a few remember .
hopefully ive helped you lot over the last yr and or the time ive been in here .ive had a few tiffs with some blokes who think they are harley techys maybe they r but to a degree .as i keep tellin the sons we never stop learnin theres heaps i still gotta get cemented in my head as you all know harley change their bikes every yr nearly they have lost the keep it basic n simple theory in my eyes but they still are one of the best bikes you can buy even though a bit over priced lol
the last month or two ive been a bit slack but my reasons bein gettin cancers sorted in arms n hands and from end ov november to mid january its a fuckin pain to get the parts ya need .i want to thank all that have helped me an who have helped with gettin parts ect for DAVE R.I.P  bike so i can get it sorted an back to his 2 girls .many in my club have had an empty christmas with the loss of my brothers too an id hate to see my boys have a chrissy without me bein here
ive met heaps of you lot in person an have had some great chats on the phone .bulldoggy is another who has helped ove the yr an now i have his bike here ive been doin a few more things than he wanted .
my plans for next oops this yr are pretty simple NO new yr resos keepin buildin bikes that ppl can afford keep it honest as usual speak my mind an try to get a trike setup for me an also get it adr aust wide approval so i may be able to get those who need a trike on the road for under the 11k mark fitted painted ect ,,
my wish for 2013 is that i dont have to go to anymore funerals an that all i know an dont know keep both tyres where they should be i hope i dont see families split over jealousness an greed and above all try to make it to 2014 so i can write another yearly message
so i hope ya all have a safe and happy 2013 an i hope that maybe later in the yr i mite try to have a weekender here for anyone that wants to ride an have a kikback bbq an camp over .
so be happy be dirty be honest and above all be healthy
cheers  
Ronny bypass
ODINS WARRIORS M/C

Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: 2012 Mmm 2013 

Cheer's mate, inspiring words.

Look forward to the next one

http://waharleyriders.myfreeforum.org/index.php http://harleynswriders.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Lynchy - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

All the best for YOUR new year bloke... Best of health to ya and your family

Robbery65 - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Good onya Ron......it's a great idea to put your thoughts, memories down in writing. Especially if you have had many different experiences in your life.
Ever thought of doing a book.......seriously Ron, with the things you have done in your life, it is worthwhile having them down and recorded, in particular for your grandkids & great grandkids etc.

I know a bloke (he's dead now) with the help of his kids, he privatly published the story of his life with photos not long before he died. He had it professionaly bound into a book and gave each of his children a copy. I think there are a few extra copies around too. I have read the book and it is interesting reading.

You have lead a colourful life which many wouldn't even come close to doing what you have done in your lifetime.

Mate, thanks for sharing your thoughts, your experiences with us all, and most importantly, thanks for being there for us all.
This HDOZ forum is tops. I love it, but your imput, your advice/help is the "icing on the cake"
We have our very own Harley Guru to help out whenever we have questions.
Thankyou.

Hope 2013 is a great improvement on 2012, & 2014 is even better.

bargara_1 avitar_titties
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand

2010 FATBOY, Vance & Hines 2 into 1 Big Radius, Screamin Eagle Super Tuner Pro, Screamin Eagle Heavy Breather, 2" Burleigh Roller Bars with a 10" Rise, Braided Cables, Combination Speedo & Tacho, Progressive RAP & with dreams of more to come

pedro - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Good stuff Ron!
And it sounds like things are on the up for 2013.
I was thinking you'd be a good bloke to do some work on me Springer as it has a carby or cam(?) issue I can't get sorted.

But it sounds like yur getting too busy!
Anyhoos, keep battlin'!!  dance_08

Shopping? Here's a guide to identify Aussie products:

AUSBUY

http://ausbuy.com.au/buy-the-guide.html?&no_cache=1

I know it's loud... it's a Harley... just as nature intended.

isaac - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Hope your health is on the up in 2013 as well mate
Go hard and never give up........sometimes is good to take the time to smell the roses (as they say)
Best of luck for 2013
Kiwi

Kiwi - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Cheers Ron , hope 2013 is a great year for ya mate

Bluey - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Thanks Ron well spoken mate, you have helped many members here with advice or work on there bikes and I am sure it is well appreciated I know I am happy with what you did to my bike and like yourself the main forums I visit is HDOZ and Spleen Vent I find the best people are on them.

As for your club I hope 2013 is a better year for them it's never easy to say good bye to a Brother, mate, family member and no matter what the media portray of club members or bike riders when we lose someone it cuts deep we feel the pain as much if not more than the general public.

Health wise mate also hope 2013 is a better year for you and members on this fourm I know got got some issues going on with my own health which is my own problem I just carry to much weight and I have trouble with my joints and now my back, shit 25 years ago I gave up smoking 60 smokes a day just woke up one morning and said thats it not going to smoke anymore but trying to lose a few kilos what a battle I fight, anyway all the best for your health this year.

Finally getting out to meet more members and catching up with you going to try harder to do so this year I like to go to the Agnes Waters Tattoo show in February but I noticed I am working that weekend but going to try hard to get it off it would be good to seeya up there and other members from this forum, anyway mate best wishs for 2013 cheers.  drink_02

choco - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Good on ya Ron, a huge big thank you for everything, it's your kindness, your generosity and altruism that makes this a better place.
Happy New Year  

TheBigT - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

altruism   is this word the same as autism ??? lol

had a chickybabe want me to do a book few yrs back in mmmm 08 an hit a dead end where do ya start where do you finish an i cant write or type for shit lol she said put it on tape but fuck that when i talk to meself i get some weird answers an thoughts so the book will never be done

issac always got time to sort a bike mate    

Back to topPage bottom

Good words there Ron.....Want be long and we will be Australias number one HD Forum....
Watch this space

Robo - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

OLDSKOOLCUSTOMS wrote:  
altruism   is this word the same as autism ??? lol

haha not quite mate.

Altruism is the principle or practice of concern for the welfare of others. It is a traditional virtue in many cultures, and a core aspect of various religious traditions, though the concept of "others" toward whom concern should be directed can vary among cultures and religions. Altruism is the opposite of selfishness.

Altruism can be distinguished from feelings of duty and loyalty. Altruism is a motivation to provide something of value to a party who must be anyone but one's self, while duty focuses on a moral obligation towards a specific individual (e.g., a god, a king), or collective (e.g., a government). Pure altruism consists of sacrificing something for someone other than the self (e.g. sacrificing time, energy or possessions) with no expectation of any compensation or benefits, either direct, or indirect (e.g., receiving recognition for the act of giving).

TheBigT - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Happy new year. hope 2013 and beyond is great for you  

Marg - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

I'll keep it short and sweet Ron .. thankyou and all the best for the future  drink_03

BTW ... if  M or J  (the 2 hard arse brothers)  call in to cya in the near future, tell em Rob and Marg said to say gidday ... i'm hoping to get to the Agnes tatt show but no promises at this stage.

MotorHead - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Onya Ron,  best wishes for you this year mate.

You are a very generous fellow, with a great wicked sense of humour. Never lose it smiley-happy088

I remember the feeling of losing club brothers, so I felt for you during last years bad times. Let's hope this year can be a big improvement over the last.

Cheers mate, and thanks for the tips and assistance you have given to me and all the other members (and lurkers).

evolve_1395233592_650013
-~- member: 109 -~- HERE'S MY GALLERY

. road_king_banner
. . .
EX-OWNER OF: 1997 Road King Classic- True Duals, Nostalgia Windshield, Early ElectraGlide Western Bars, Custom Paint Job, 2012 Air in the Tyres

-KEN- - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Staunch, hangin it out for all to see.
See ya on the road.

Cromag - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

2013 has to be better old mate, ya got those grandkids to keep you amused and business is going through the roof, cheers  

Back to topPage bottom

Onya Ronny take care.

moff - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Good post Ron ..
THANK YOU
Altruism is a word well suited to you.

Rxes - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery