Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 1 of 1

Few days in the big smoke...
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Few days in the big smoke... 

Just had us a bit of R & R...
Few days at Bargara and a few at Maroochydore...
I tells ya peoples....I isn't a fan of the big smoke....
Lovely place to visit and have a look around....Perve and a wash in the big dam. Even though its to salty to drink...
We had a ball....Lots of exploring around the joint, from Caloundra up.
Took the lady into them Markets on the way home....
Markets my arse. More like Shops selling their shit in tents. Ol girl had a blast all the same and I had a feast and still farting like a Bull on Molasses.
And hows....That Sunny coast area is Very scenic. Would I live there.....Not a chance in shitsville. Peoples are totally different to the folk I'm accustomed to.
Everyone is always in a hurry. Head down or face into their Mobile devices....
We ventured into some big Shopping centre at Maroochydore to have a look. Noticed they had Boom gates on the exits roads...
Ok....How the fuck does that shit work I asked me Beryl.....Yeah. Like.....Mmmmmm.
So I come across this lady and asked her what's the go with them Boom Gates. I see a sign that it reads ya number plate.
Does it send a bill to me address I asked....No. Was a straight reply I received as she walked off faster then a cow smacked on the arse with a length of Poly pipe...
And right at that point I had the same image run through me skull....
Then I asked some lady at a Bakery....To busy sorry....Opened her phone and made a call...Image with the Poly pipe came into me skull yet again...But this time. Thicker and some lead weight.....Hang on. Stop right there Robo.
Be this time Beryl said don't be worrying about it......Lets shop. Hey I said. We gots to get outta here and if we don't know how, its going to be mighty shameful...
So walked another 15m or so and seen some old lout having a durry....I asked him. He flicked his dumper in the water way and walked away....
Well be this point the Poly pipe has turned into a baseball bat with a metal dog spike through the fat end.....
We walks up to some lady selling soaps and shit....Beryls favourite rubbish.
So I thought.......Beryls feeding this lady Dollars. She has to be polite. So I asked her.....Thinking on what should be used on this cow.
Guess what. A complete run down. Not only a rundown but a conversation. She asked are we on Holidays etc ec etc.
I guessed that we was outta towners with Beryls weird way of dressing....Fleno shirt and Trucky ruggers with flip flops.
she told us shes from Montville.....Straight away...Bang I said. Yep......A country lady. Man cant ya tell them from the slickers.
Never mind.
Fun time was had. Prefer me Bargara and cant wait to retire there......

Robo - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Few Days In The Big Smoke... 

Well it looks as if you both had a nice time,

STEAMER - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Arghhhh....I bet you had a blast,the big smoke is a different pace....and plenty of shops...keeps the wimmen happy...
The best thing I like about big smoke is seeing it my rear vision mirrors..

Silence is Golden....Duct tape is Silver

pizz - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

At least you had a good time Robo. If I go up the Sunny Coast I always come home a bit dazed, fuck there's so many people in so much hurry. Give me the quieter life any day.

Methuselah - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Methuselah wrote: [View Post]
At least you had a good time Robo. If I go up the Sunny Coast I always come home a bit dazed, fuck there's so many people in so much hurry. Give me the quieter life any day.

We had a ball mate....Some bloody lovely riding routes around the place also...
We like the Sunny Coast....
But will always only ever be a Holiday destination for us...

Guess I'm use to small towns like Mt Morgan, Hughenden, Emerald, Dalby and surrounds. Gladstone being the biggest joint we have ever lived in.
Gladstone is fastly becoming a undesirable Town/ City for us also....Not that its to busy. Just the personality of the general Population of people moving here...

Back to topPage bottom

Last time I did that was at Chatswood Chase about a month ago, it was like driving into
an underground rabbit warren and then entering into some type of bat cave full of huge
shops somewhere in china, not sure where never walked outside don't need to im them
joints they got everything but I was glad to get back into the rabbit warren and get the
fuck out of their.

Bluey - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Yeah Robo, to many aliens and Mexicans that close to the dam .. did ya notice if you want a turning lane ya gotta be in the turning lane before ya get to the turning lane, otherwise ya got a speeding European or Italian car beside ya pushing you away from the turning lane  
The hinterland is getting just as bad but our side of the hill is still serene until the little monster wakes up .. then its every man for himself.
Yeah i'm not sold on Bargara just yet, i hear the topless barmaids shouldnt go topless, and some of the girls arent quite girls    
But the golf course    heard a good review on the golf course    .. the only thing a retired pervert needs is a good golf course aye  

MotorHead - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

We go up to Caloundra often as the in laws live up there, but man it’s getting crowded. The sunny coast used to be great 35 to 40 years ago just to any people now. That’s why we love Agnes not real big great beaches and our place is out of town on 4 acres 3 km from the surf beach. But I suppose in time it will change as well not much you can do about really..

Ball bag - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

At least you survived Robo old bloke  
I hate cities!

I haven't been into Melbourne for a couple of years because it's a nightmare. I rarely even go into Ballarat more than once every fortnight. Less if I can.
Hate crowds, traffic, noise, traffic, and did I mention traffic and crowds!

I'm quite happy here on my acres in the quiet country.
The only traffic we get is at 3:30pm when about 10 - 15 cars go past after picking up their kids from local school  

Other than that I might hear or see another car once every 20 minutes or so. And none at night  

Even when the Missus and I go holidaying we go to quiet little towns like Halls Gap, Maldon, etc, and my son and I go camping at towns like Laanecoorie and Wedderburn.

City folk have no real idea of what 'quiet' and 'peaceful' means.

evolve_1395233592_650013
-~- member: 109 -~- HERE'S MY GALLERY

. road_king_banner
. . .
EX-OWNER OF: 1997 Road King Classic- True Duals, Nostalgia Windshield, Early ElectraGlide Western Bars, Custom Paint Job, 2012 Air in the Tyres

Last edited by -KEN- on Sat 21 Apr, 2018 16:59; edited 1 time in total 
-KEN- - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Few days in the big smoke... 

Yeah...Theres not one part of the Sunny Coast that I don't like....Just amazingly beautiful area....
It will be our once or twice a year Holiday destination for the remainder....
We are taking the bike down next Holiday,,,,,,Hopefully in October. Just so much good scenic roads to ride..
Hopefully we can tie the Imbil weekend in with it....  

Back to topPage bottom

I Am with you Guys they can stick the Big Towns and City up there Clakka . tried living in Bundaberg for a couple of years while I worked over here in WA . Brought a Place close to the Town for me Missus as she worked in there . but ended up moving Back to MTperry on to me property and love coming home now for 2 weeks after working 4 weeks on Love living in the Bush about 5 km out side of the little Smoke   MTperry.

FANG - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Few days in the big smoke... 

Nice little community Mt Perry.....

Back to topPage bottom

I spent 7 years in Sydney .. I'm over it [big cities] .. don't even want to go for a holiday.

The only reasons are now medical or need of an aerodrome ..

Last edited by Rxes on Sat 19 May, 2018 20:24; edited 1 time in total 
Rxes - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Permissions List