Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 1 of 1

Good Childhood Memories,
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Good Childhood Memories, 

hi, probably had  this subject  before , but just read some thing that made me think. i grew up in the 60,s in nz.  traffic cops next door had triumph saints, and trophys, i used to spend hours watcing them, now you look at a triumph from that era they look a small bike.  every one had old ajs,bsa , matcless, and nortons, that could be bought for a couple of days pay. had a 37chev,75 dollars , a 47 v8 merc , 300 dollars . one night got picked up by the cops drunk, they took my keys of me, 37chev i crosswired it and drove home. next night same thing, but they took out the rotor.  now a days you do that you get a face full of pepper spay and a baton , but you know what the good thing about me growing up in that era,  values.  work ethics, and being responsible for your actions.  in those days if you walked around talking to your self  with wires coming out of your ears,pretty soon some  one would get you with a butterfly net and take you away, in those days when you were with a girl you were talking to her , not to your mate on the phone,  just a few memories, RICK

chonpuun - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Good Childhood Memories, 

Good era....
Iam a 61 bubba...
Kids todate don't seem to carry their blame as good as our era...Its always someone elses fault today.
I remember the main Bikes around me home town was Honda 750 and Kwaka 900. All with the 4 into 1 megaphone pipe.
Lay in bed as a teenager at night hearing the odd one getting a work out....Loved that note.

Robo - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

How times have changed, some fucking weird stuff happening in todays
world compared with what was happening when we where growing up but
no doubt our parents where saying the same thing in regards to the era
we all grew up in.

One thing that I have noticed though is the fact that todays growing generation
are very demanding who refuse to except responsibility for their actions,
they want everything and they want it now and they seem to be hell bent
on destroying the values which our country was built on.

I would like to be a fly on the wall in 50 years time when all this weird shit
they are pushing and demand we except comes back to bite them on the
arse big time.

Bluey - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

I agree Bluey, but I think a large part of the blame can be laid on Political Correctness amd current Educational Policy. Growing up in the 50's and 60's you tended to speak your mind without having to worry about offending anyone else (and if you did they told you straight away and dealt with it). We grew up in a system where failure was seen as part of the growing process and learning was something you needed to achieve in order to move forward. Tests were to detemine whether or not you had learned enough to justify progression. Having to repeat a year if needed meant standards were maintained and graduates meet minimum standards. As an ex TAFE teacher I saw students with year 12 level attendance who lacked basic reading, writing and maths skills and were woefully prepared for a workforce where not everyone succeeded and failure was a real and harsh possibility.

Maybe I'm just getting old, but the current policy of everyone achieving success means in reality NO ONE succeeds and the poor to mediocre is accepted as adequate.

Sorry rant over,

Ray

Razor - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

I couldn't agree more Bluey and Razor...
In the end.... someone has to stand up and take responsibility for the mental decline of our youth..
I'm afraid it could already be a little late

Silence is Golden....Duct tape is Silver

pizz - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Yep, times have changed. I'm coming on 66 and so much is different. I arrived home late many times in my youth to see the local sergeants car in the drive waiting for me to get home. He'd be having a cuppa with the old man and I'd get a good swift kick up the backside. If we all got together and created any hassle at the pub or made noise at a party in town and were drunk he'd load us all up in the back of the paddy wagon and take us miles out a fire trail and kick us out to walk home hahaha BUT, we never caused damage or did anything really bad, in fact we used to have dances in town every month or so and if louts from other towns came to cause trouble we'd stand side by side with our local copper to take them on and kick them out. We respected him and he respected us, even though we were louts. I miss the easy going old days, things seemed simpler then.

Methuselah - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

I Think a lot of us were little pricks when we was young but I know me and my mates still respected the OLDER People and keep a look out for any Bastard that didnt

FANG - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Permissions List