Loads On Bikes ..
Yes .. My Bike Is My Ute ..

Yes .. My Bike Is My Ute ..
Sometimes .. When The Need Comes Up ..
No .. Bloody Silly Idea ..

View Results
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Loads On Bikes .. 

Last Sunday I rode out to Killarney to pick up a couple of [secondhand] tyres for the Jeep .. 245/70/16 ..
After inspecting them, I said "yep .. I'll take them" then handed over the $80 ..
The guy was rather shocked when I rolled them out to My Bike ..
He asked "is someone coming to pick them up ??"
"No" I replied over my shoulder ..
"How the hell are you going to carry them" was his next question ..
"watch" ..
Tied one on the rack, the other on the passenger seat, both stood vertically & perpendicular to the line of the bike .. ratchet strapped together & to the rack itself, they didn't move at all.
The guy commented that he hasn't ever seen anyone carry a load like that on a bike before ....
(Several times I've heard "you won't fit all that in there" {panniers & rack bag} .. "how the hell ya gonna tie that on" .. "is that legal ??" {from wifey} .. )
I thought to myself .. he obviously hasn't seen the asian & indian mobs carry shit ..

Anyway .. on the ride home I was thinking ..

Ya actually don't see bikes carrying shit anymore .. even the farmers, now with the ATV's & quad bikes ..
On the very rare occasion ya see the old harley riders with a swag & bag strapped on .. & the {more common} enduro dual sport bikes with their racks & packs & the odd thing strapped on ..
but never a load of something ..

For some distance {35 km's, some items, a 100 + km's}, I've carried; tyres, trike {for grandson}, grocery shopping {weeks worth, regularly}, kids car seat capsule {a couple of times, once carried two back from Toowoomba} .. plus a shit load of other stuff ..

Last edited by Rxes on Wed 15 Nov, 2017 13:38; edited 1 time in total 
Rxes - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Loads On Bikes .. 

Cant be saying ive ever had ta.....
But there was this one time I shot a Whippy and bought a leg home for the dogs on the back of me Honda XL 350....
But yeah...
Ya woulda looked a site alrighty Mr Rxes man.

Robo - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

I don't do that anymore, but in me younger days when all I had was my Z1000, I had to carry everything........them bungy straps (had many of them things) came in handy, wrapping it all on one at a time. It's amazing what you can carry if you load it right, so long as there was room for my arse.

One time with the missus on coming home from the Easter Bathurst Bike Races and ALL our gear the rack I had made, broke, and had to limp into Port Macquarie and unload and find someone to rebuild it. Too much weight no doubt........   
Those were the days

bargara_1 avitar_titties
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand

2010 FATBOY, Vance & Hines 2 into 1 Big Radius, Screamin Eagle Super Tuner Pro, Screamin Eagle Heavy Breather, 2" Burleigh Roller Bars with a 10" Rise, Braided Cables, Combination Speedo & Tacho, Progressive RAP & with dreams of more to come

pedro - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

I'm guilty of carrying too much on one of the runs I went on years ago (Big Desert Run)
I had bags and top boot full, extra bags strapped on top of bags, huge tent, 2 sleeping bags, rolled up blankets, Doona, pillows, esky full of drinks, boxes of food, and the missus! Most I've ever carried. I have a photo of it somewhere, so if I find it i'll post it    

Here's some big loads:

Aussies In Namibia

aussies_in_namibia

Gotta take ya chair!

gotta_take_ya_chair

Take lots of junk

lotsa_junk

Overloaded Grannies

overloaded_grannies

Too much!

too_much

Tyres too!

tyres_too  

You gotta be joking!!!  

wow_1510742202_277539

evolve_1395233592_650013
-~- member: 109 -~- HERE'S MY GALLERY

. road_king_banner
. . .
EX-OWNER OF: 1997 Road King Classic- True Duals, Nostalgia Windshield, Early ElectraGlide Western Bars, Custom Paint Job, 2012 Air in the Tyres

-KEN- - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Robo - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Yeah robo .. I do get some looks & double takes ..

Some of the loads on bikes ya see on google ..       .. defies physics some of them ..

Not thinking twice about loading up My Bike {with in reason}; I guess it comes from working out on the stations {stock} far west NSW & SA ..
It's something I've always done .. started Jackarooing & mustering from around the age of 8yrs .. I learnt how to 'load' ya bike for a day .. not only did it take a large chunk out of ya day to ride back to the homestead .. the cattle or sheep wouldn't just wait for you while ya run off to grab tools to fix a fence or pump for water etc ..

I was asked once "doesn't it throw off your balance ??"
Riding with a load DOES throw out ya 'usual' balance, steering & stopping control .. ya just have to make allowances for the extra size & weight.

Which I guess is another reason why it isn't a common thing ..

Rxes - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

When you have no other form of transport , you have to make do with what you have

Ball bag - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Back in the 1970's and in the days of friday arvo chook raffles, I doubled my mate home from the pub (pissed) on my 750/4 with 10 frozen chickens we won. Wearing only jeans and T shirts we had 5 each stuffed up the front and back of the shirts.

OILLEAK2008 - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Permissions List