Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 1 of 1

Handlebars
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Handlebars 

Gday guys, well im feeling alot better and now its time to start the change on my new road king so im after a set of 14 or 16 inch apes, has to be fly by wire throttle and pref 1 1/4 inch round but will look at anything..just give me a yell on what you have..thanks muchly...Dave..

oldsalt - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Handlebars 

Glad ya feeling better Dave

4 out of 3 people struggle with math....

Kiwi - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

If you're looking for new ones Dave I was looking at a Facebook page the other day called A.P.E. Industries. The guy does custom bars in polished stainless and his prices seem reasonable. Might be worth a look?

Baza - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

I'm using Wild1 16" bars on my Road King I ordered through Griffin Spares in Sydney. Good quality bars. Are you fitting them yourself?

Deadwood - View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website 
Back to topPage bottom

thanks guys, ive seen the A.P.E. ones and yes they are alright but im trying to save a little money to get all the other bits and pieces..
Yes Deadwood im doing it myself, i did my streetglide so if i can do that one i should be able to do any  bike..its just the ABS part im not sure on what i have to do with that..I had wild1 14" apes on my streety but it seems that since then the price of apes have sky rocketed so im guessing that they are popular..I looked at the Carlini apes and they start at $900, i couldnt believe that one..I need to use apes as i have rotator cuff syndrome and my shoulders dont seem to hurt when the are either straight out or elevated within reason and because of the accident and the bike being written off i need to set up all over again before hitting the big kays again..

Last edited by oldsalt on Wed 30 Dec, 2015 13:46; edited 3 times in total 
Back to topPage bottom

Pretty hard to find TBW apes 2nd hand I reckon but you never know who's got what. I took the brake line to my local brake guy who extended it from the master cylinder to the first junction however to avoid air in the line I reverse bled it from the disc end, if that makes sense. I used a large syringe which was recommended to me by the guys here on the forum. You can get extended brake lines but $$$.

Did you have any trouble with the little green connector on the TBW sensor when doing your street glide?

Deadwood - View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website 
Back to topPage bottom

yeah you might be right about the bars but its always worth a try as i was just trying to save a few bucks.. ive waited long enough so i just have to bite the bullet and get a new set..I use an old squeezable drink bottle to reverse bleed and it works good for me....

...ahh yes,the dreaded green TBW plug..the one on my streety was a pain in the arse, they had alot of probs with the 08 and earlier ones falling apart and then someone told me about the CVO 110 one which was the perfect size for the apes i had (14") and the green plug was updated on them and i had no probs after that...
oh well onward and upward we go better get the order done...

Back to topPage bottom

My Bike has Wild Chubbys 14" x 11/4" apes .. with 6" x 11/4" risers

harley_018

Very comfortable on my wrists & shoulders .. I purchased them from Rollies for $99 (they were on sale at the time & before they closed the door to the public).

Last edited by Rxes on Fri 01 Jan, 2016 22:02; edited 1 time in total 
Rxes - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

I've got 1 1/4" risers, in both straight and curved, both 4" high if ya lookin for any.  Both genuine HD, chromed and in good nick. $75 pair.

beagle - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Deadwood wrote: [View Post]
Pretty hard to find TBW apes 2nd hand I reckon but you never know who's got what.

It's a no brainer filing the notches in the end of the bar to locate the TBW.  I've had a few TBW bars and the notches are all different but in the end the do the same thing - locate the TBW.  Other than the notches there is no difference.

Chinashop Bull - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

ive got the bars now so thats all good but i had to file the TBW notch open more to get it to fit anyway..

Back to topPage bottom

Permissions List