als1200Mon 08 Aug, 2016 06:21
SLIPSat 27 Aug, 2016 13:37
Lord ViykorSat 27 Aug, 2016 19:43
KustomtownThu 13 Oct, 2016 18:20
RxesMon 17 Oct, 2016 11:56
MethuselahTue 18 Oct, 2016 09:11
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post National Run - QLD Edition
From 21 October 2016 to 23 October 2016 (inclusive)

National Run - 21st 22nd 23rd October .. Imbil Qld.

Book a cabin, onsite van, tent or swag site on 07 5484 5196 or go to website http://www.borumbadeerpark.com/  .. **Make sure you mention you are with the Harley Riders Crew when booking.

Basic itinerary will be : Turn up Friday, settle in, catch up and party into the evening ... Saturday, recovery breaky then a group day ride through both back roads and tourist routes, leaving about 9:00am - 9:30am ish, will include a "Roll the Dice" game at $1:00 a roll highest scorer take's all, plus a quality pub meal for lunch. If we have the numbers to make it worthwhile for the vendor Wood Fired Pizza's Saturday evening, otherwise BBQ food again, plus more partying (as ya do).
Sunday, just the normal limp home day.

*THINGS TO NOTE* .. They have a very strict 'no noise after 10pm policy', anything goes until then, so music etc will be shut down about 9:45pm, normal chit chat after 10pm should be fine .... If camping/swagging, down beside the creek is the place to be .... There is a good swimming hole in the creek to cool down or wash away the night before ... All accommodation has been reserved for us, i will lift the reservations late September ... Apart from pizza night, BBQ food will be supplied by me at my cost, a few bucks into a kitty each time you eat, or a lump sum donation will be appreciated ... Bring your own booze .. refrigeration and eskies with ice will be provided, booze can be purchased at the local pub on your way through ... Bed linen is not supplied, bring your own sheets/sleeping bag and pillow cases ... A sober driver will be provided in case of mercy dash's to pub for drinks etc.
I will be working on 1 or 2 other small novelties which may or may not eventuate, just to make it more interesting and a little different from the normal.

DIRECTIONS VIA BRUCE HWY : From the south, take exit 244 and follow sign's to IMBIL and Lake Borumba .. From the north, once in Gympie take the off ramp half a Klm past Macca's and follow the Mary Valley Tourist Drive and sign's to IMBIL, alternatively if you miss this one, follow the HWY for about 20 more Klm's and take the off ramp to Mary Valley Link Road and follow sign's.
Once in IMBIL, which is a small town, you will find a cafe and the pub on your left, then immediately over the railway line is a grocery store with fuel (95) .. no fuel available at the garage.
From there it's straight through to Borumba Deer Park, about 8k's and just after #5 creek crossing.  

*ALL WELCOME* ... I wont advertise this run on other forum's etc but feel free to do so yourself and invite mates and associates, i feel it will be quiet and relaxed with a few, or an absolute blast with a half decent mob.

More info to come.

Last edited by MotorHead on Sat 18 Jun, 2016 19:14; edited 1 time in total 
MotorHead - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: National Run - QLD Edition 

Thanks for organising Rob......... have to go through the normal checks to confirm.

chromer - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Sounds bloody good to me MH, will ring this week and make a booking....

Ball bag - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Yeah. Holidays approved. I'm in. Just got to book a cabin.

Robo - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

I'll try and get some time off too. Good fishing at the dam. Bring your telescopic fishing rods.

Uncle Fester - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Uncle Fester wrote: [View Post]
I'll try and get some time off too. Good fishing at the dam. Bring your telescopic fishing rods.
always got my rod ready to go ,,   it's in me jocks

Back to topPage bottom

Ball bag wrote: [View Post]

And don't be bringing it out.!!!

chromer - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

: s
chromer wrote: [View Post]
Ball bag wrote: [View Post]

And don't be bringing it out.!!!

Back to topPage bottom

MotorHead wrote: [View Post]
National Run - 21st 22nd 23rd October .. Imbil Qld.

Book a cabin, onsite van, tent or swag site on 07 5484 5196 or go to website http://www.borumbadeerpark.com/  .. **Make sure you mention you are with the Harley Riders Crew when booking.

Basic itinerary will be : Turn up Friday, settle in, catch up and party into the evening ... Saturday, recovery breaky then a group day ride through both back roads and tourist routes, leaving about 9:00am - 9:30am ish, will include a "Roll the Dice" game at $1:00 a roll highest scorer take's all, plus a quality pub meal for lunch. If we have the numbers to make it worthwhile for the vendor Wood Fired Pizza's Saturday evening, otherwise BBQ food again, plus more partying (as ya do).
Sunday, just the normal limp home day.

*THINGS TO NOTE* .. They have a very strict 'no noise after 10pm policy', anything goes until then, so music etc will be shut down about 9:45pm, normal chit chat after 10pm should be fine .... If camping/swagging, down beside the creek is the place to be .... There is a good swimming hole in the creek to cool down or wash away the night before ... All accommodation has been reserved for us, i will lift the reservations late September ... Apart from pizza night, BBQ food will be supplied by me at my cost, a few bucks into a kitty each time you eat, or a lump sum donation will be appreciated ... Bring your own booze .. refrigeration and eskies with ice will be provided, booze can be purchased at the local pub on your way through ... Bed linen is not supplied, bring your own sheets/sleeping bag and pillow cases ... A sober driver will be provided in case of mercy dash's to pub for drinks etc.
I will be working on 1 or 2 other small novelties which may or may not eventuate, just to make it more interesting and a little different from the normal.

DIRECTIONS VIA BRUCE HWY : From the south, take exit 244 and follow sign's to IMBIL and Lake Borumba .. From the north, once in Gympie take the off ramp half a Klm past Macca's and follow the Mary Valley Tourist Drive and sign's to IMBIL, alternatively if you miss this one, follow the HWY for about 20 more Klm's and take the off ramp to Mary Valley Link Road and follow sign's.
Once in IMBIL, which is a small town, you will find a cafe and the pub on your left, then immediately over the railway line is a grocery store with fuel (95) .. no fuel available at the garage.
From there it's straight through to Borumba Deer Park, about 8k's and just after #5 creek crossing.  

*ALL WELCOME* ... I wont advertise this run on other forum's etc but feel free to do so yourself and invite mates and associates, i feel it will be quiet and relaxed with a few, or an absolute blast with a half decent mob.

More info to come.

*ORIGINAL POST EDITED*

Back to topPage bottom

Good stuff Rob...

Back to topPage bottom

Robo wrote: [View Post]
Good stuff Rob...
+ 1 nice work Rob

Back to topPage bottom

sounds good Rob,

was up your way last week,

Col - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Rob....I moved this ride to the National ride section.

Back to topPage bottom

Robo wrote: [View Post]
Rob....I moved this ride to the National ride section.

Good stuff mate .. i did attempt to put it here but i didnt have the registration option     

Back to topPage bottom

Might get s couple together for this one, will just be getting me licence back and keen for a run around that time..

Don't look like there is away across from the Burnett hwy, guess I would be going through Toowoomba , Esk, kilcoy ??

Back to topPage bottom

Google maps says up coast but I ain't doin that , to many  towns, 80 k zones and roadworks.

Back to topPage bottom

chriso wrote: [View Post]
Might get s couple together for this one, will just be getting me licence back and keen for a run around that time..

Don't look like there is away across from the Burnett hwy, guess I would be going through Toowoomba , Esk, kilcoy ??

Nah, you will need knobby's to cut across from the Burnett hwy ... probly the shortest from the New England (without getting lost and confused) would be to take the Gatton - Clifton road then over to Esk, but if your confident Cunningham hwy then through Walloon would be shorter.
Which ever way you go there are always better alternatives as far as scenic riding roads go, ie Toowoomba, Hampton, Esk .. or if going through Fernvale take a right a few k's out of town onto Wivenhoe - Somerset road through Split Yard Creek, this bypass's Esk and takes you to Kilcoy.

Back to topPage bottom

Nice time of year to be heading north  

Piglet - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Finally got around to bookin myself a cabin. Can't wait , should be a good weekend..

Back to topPage bottom

this was on the the next youtube screen. very impressive, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNv8kREhPwM

ductor - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions List