Poll ended at Fri 26 Aug, 2016 20:48

Yes, very interested
Keen, but only if the venue is at a pub or in a township
I think Bello is all we need
No, not interested sorry

View Results
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: National Ride/meet .. Expression's Of Interest 

This thread  seems to heading off into lala dick measuring land . Motörhead has asked for legitimate feedback ....can we all show some respect and leave silly comparisons aside ?

" Man who jibbers about how fast and far he goes most likely has tiny dick "

Davo - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Silly comparisons?? Lighten up a bit Davo it is origin time and we all know the two heads start to come out with their rubbish this time of year    :

Rob I will keep an eye on when this happens and if got nothing on I will slip up there.
Bit like EZI it matters not to me where it will be held

Back to topPage bottom

Just have to say that I've always thought of Bello as the forum national meet....Always will..
Beags idea of having similar to an annual state meets  each year isn't a bad one.....
although if members from Perth or Cairns were to attend a state meet they more than likely not put to many faces to names from around the country...you get me.?
What if we done a 2 year rotation....
1st year ....we could have a national meet in the middle (coastal) of Queensland, which would give members from right up north a chance to attend..
The following year it could be held in the middle (coastal) Victoria,South Australia,enabling members from South Oz and parts of WA to attend

Jus Thinkin'

Silence is Golden....Duct tape is Silver

pizz - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Good idea Pizz....
We all have to remember this is not going to replace Bello.....
MH is rather looking for a second meet a year....
It gives us people who works most weekends a second chance for a National meet.....
This is what I like about the idea.....Gives me a second bite of a National ride.
I missed Bello because of work most years.....Then for me its another 12 months for the next one and then, I'm only a maybe.
What you said does have some merit Pizz and I guess if some one down that are wants to organise it. Well so be it.

Robo - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

I like the idea of from Motorhead

Some pros that I see as relevant.....

Qld weather

MH has a good knowledge of the area to put a great ride together for a day

The Imbil location has a lot of advantages with a variety of accommodation options

May give some members as good an excuse as any to travel to Qld

A June or July date may suit the southern state members to escape the chill

The Moama ride over at the other place seems to have a firm annual spot in October

No matter where it is, the number one draw card for Bellingen from day one was staying away from big towns like Coffs to avoid cops etc

I agree wth Rob that the 3 eastern states a few months apart would be a good idea.

Combining a Vic one in with Motogp is something that may appeal to many as well.

Alternate years somewhere as Pizz said is a good idea, but getting people to organise on forums can be difficult

chromer - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Certainly makes sense, have thought along those lines myself, if we had  national meet in every/most states each year thats alot of national meets to fit into each year. Of course keep Bello as a annual event for NSW and rotate a second event in other states.
I'm biting at the bit to get down to Southern NSW, VIC and Tassie on the bike but finances are holding me back   Was disappointed i couldnt make the WA ride.
So my thoughts are just that, how about we start with QLD for the first one considering the ball is already rolling, next year another state can put their hand up and so forth until we have some sort of format in place. Give plenty of notice, up to 12 months so low budgets like mine and workaholic's like Robo have a good chance to sort the cost's and the time off work. Tassie needs to be in the mix for sure, but that one should be a one week event i reckon, with any number of different overnight stay's. Will give Davo something to think about during his leisurely days beside the fire  

MotorHead - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Exactly Rob...Top Post.

Robo - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

In regards to Chromers last post ...

Is there Moama ride planned for Oct, or every Oct ??? ..  if so i didnt know about this, alls good we can move this one if need be, but we need to choose a quiet weekend with plenty of notice so attendee's have the opportunity to book the accommodation that is available.
July can get hell cold here, -4 to +1 or a bit more with heavy frosts, would be pretty uncomfy, June can sometimes be the same but its a hit and miss thing in June, August is usually the westerly season and that shit is horrid, September would be ok, November is getting too close to xmas. So if not Oct i would suggest Sept.

Back to topPage bottom

Over at the other forum Rob. Pretty good numbers for a couple of years now.

chromer - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Bello No 1

Just add Imbil or any where round there ,

some one want to add another one to the southern end ,

just space them out a bit

madv8bike - View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website 
Back to topPage bottom

Just throwing another idea out there,more ideas the better....
Being on the penny I can only commit to either Bello or ???? each year....
I still have a couple of distance rides and local rides I do that I've got to finance...

Silence is Golden....Duct tape is Silver

Last edited by pizz on Wed 01 Jun, 2016 08:01; edited 1 time in total 
pizz - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Considering Pizz's comment  "Being on the penny .."
Just a thought for those that can't afford an overnighter whether it be financial reasons or night time commitments  ..

Would a lunch meet up be more to people choice ??

Somewhere where it is roughly no more than a 5 hour ride one way ..

People from different areas can post up at different times & directions ..

eg .. for me ..

south, would be Armidale .. Newcastle is roughly the same distance up ..
north, would be Gympie .. Gladstone is roughly the same distance down ..

Rxes - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

I seem to remember there's this big fuck off rock that would have to be real close to a central location.

Guessing not everyone has been there, so would/could be a fun ride for those who aint scared of a long ride.

Could be a fun way of using a week and a half.

Thinking the Eastern States aint to central for those in W.A.

I guess if you had a real want you could fly into Sydney and hire a bike to ride to the location of choice.

NO FREE RIDES

Harley Forum Australia, HDOZ.ORG.AU

http://harleynswriders.myfreeforum.org/index.php

RED - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

MotorHead wrote:  
Certainly makes sense, have thought along those lines myself, if we had  national meet in every/most states each year thats alot of national meets to fit into each year. Of course keep Bello as a annual event for NSW and rotate a second event in other states.
I'm biting at the bit to get down to Southern NSW, VIC and Tassie on the bike but finances are holding me back   Was disappointed i couldnt make the WA ride.
So my thoughts are just that, how about we start with QLD for the first one considering the ball is already rolling, next year another state can put their hand up and so forth until we have some sort of format in place. Give plenty of notice, up to 12 months so low budgets like mine and workaholic's like Robo have a good chance to sort the cost's and the time off work. Tassie needs to be in the mix for sure, but that one should be a one week event i reckon, with any number of different overnight stay's. Will give Davo something to think about during his leisurely days beside the fire  

Just to edit the above post a tad ...
Bello is Bello and always will be, so instead of Bello being the only NSW national ride, NSW should be in the rotation for another national ride in that state, we all like to visit and explore new places.
And if we ever get to Tassie, maybe 4 nights in Tassie, that way QLD and WA can get there and back within 2 weeks.

I'm in a similar boat as Pizz, i probly wouldnt get to even half the national events, but i'd sure like the opportunity to try. No doubt alot would have problems with leave from work, thats just another fact of life.

Back to topPage bottom

I think that each state should do what is happening now, just post up a ride at any time

and go ride, whether it's overnight or day trip, Rob and Marg have organised some real good

mystery rides and overnighters, it might mean the start point changes to allow riders further north

or south to join in, for state rides but open to all if they can get there, same in the other states.

Doesn't have to be yearly, just need to let everyone know with plenty of time for time off and cash.

Bello stays as the national ride, no rides organised for that time and even make Bello a couple of

days longer maybe get the pubs or market organisers to let some show there bikes at the markets

so long as they are roped off, ????????????????????????????? give back to the locals

Col - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Ya got my vote Col.  

Gnoo - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Gnoo wrote:  
Ya got my vote Col.  

+1

Rxes - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

I for one am hearing ya's .. have seen a few NSW/VIC rides and thought to myself, i'd love to go to that one, and i woulda if i coulda, and maybe 1 or 2 other QLDers would have come along as well. This can be done now at anytime and coulda been done for the last several years, but doesnt happen for many reasons.
You would get the odd 1 or 3 interstate riders turning up on the odd occasion maybe, hasnt happened yet i dont think.
We have a great bunch of blokes and gals on this forum, and extended forums and friends .. with an official national gathering there is a much larger chance of getting most together at the same time rather than the odd interstate rider turning up on the odd occasion.
So basically Cols post has merits for sure, but i believe thats how things have always been. Just my personal thoughts.

Back to topPage bottom

Another thing with a state ride is wouldn't it have to be held in an area where the most

forum users are, no point having a state national where there is only one forum member,,

the majority of members won't attend, no offence to those who live way out but it would have

to be run at a fairly central point like Esk ,,,( would be better if we had a pub that stayed open

past 6pm. )

Starting point at a central area with the overnight stop near a member or members

who live out in the sticks,???????????????? How to work it and have numbers is keep the ride

central to most forum members in that state, might even get people using the forum more.

Col - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Esk has also been on my mind, a few top shelf riding circuits from Esk.

But whatever we decide to do in the future can be done in the future.
There appears to be enough interest in the Imbil event to get serious about organising it, we'll just treat it as a trial run.

Expect an announcement for late October  

Back to topPage bottom

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions List