Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 1 of 1

My "Easyrider" Road Trip
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post My "Easyrider" Road Trip 

Pretty pumped that just today my boss signed off on 9 weeks long service leave starting end February next year... Gunna start the hol by flying down to Tassie with my wife for 4 weeks ...she's got that bit all planned - and that will be her annual leave holiday...then we'll be home as she goes back to work Easter Monday.

BUT- I'll still have 5 weeks off - yay! So I'm thinking of taking off on WhiskeyLux for a road trip....swag on the back, my saddle bags packed, hip flask full - and just ride.  Gunna head to the Blue Mountains first as I have a couple of cousins there.....reckon I can make the Bylong oval night 1 and crash in the old abadoned church.....then after a few days in Katoomba, ride down to Melbourne and see my brother. Next- head out to Geelong and stay with an old friend, then onto Castlemaine to see my sister.......then Bendigo visiting friends, Logan and St Arnaud to see my in laws.

I'll head to SA after that - taking the coast route through Robe and the Coorong......up into Adelaide - my home town. Plenty of Louts to kick around with there....and family. Once I escape, I'll shoot up to the Flinders - a place dear to my heart as it is effectively where I learnt my trade, then back through western NSW, home to Qld.

Guess I'm keen to hear any tips from those that have done such a trek....and if anyone has any must see/must stay/biker friendly accomodation suggestions roughly along my route.....or even wouldn't mind a beer in wherever we are's local.....let me know, hey? It's a long way off I know but I'm just stoked I'll finally have the opportunity to take my Easyrider trip of a lifetime. dancingbanana7lu

Respect is Earned, Courtesy is Owed, Love is Given

DILLIGAF dance_08

DanD - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: My "Easyrider" Road Trip 

Keep me in the loop Dan, we'll go for a ride when your down this way..

4 out of 3 people struggle with math....

Kiwi - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Sounds awesome Dan.......a Bikers dream. Goodonya. I'd love to do that one day. Just head off and see the bike leads me.

bargara_1 avitar_titties
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand

2010 FATBOY, Vance & Hines 2 into 1 Big Radius, Screamin Eagle Super Tuner Pro, Screamin Eagle Heavy Breather, 2" Burleigh Roller Bars with a 10" Rise, Braided Cables, Combination Speedo & Tacho, Progressive RAP & with dreams of more to come

pedro - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Why don't ya hire a bike while in Tassie and enjoy some of the great roads and site in Tassie

Last edited by Oldfart on Mon 17 Aug, 2015 19:25; edited 1 time in total 
Oldfart - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Excellent DanD........You'll have a blast

RObw - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

That'd be good Kiwi.....I'll just add stuff here in this thread through the planning, the doing etc.....100 miles west of Melbourne will be a spot I'm heading.

Yeah pedro - Did a mini biker trip years ago on my GPZ900R....still remember it being a real freedom thing....and this time around, with no tight timetable, it's gotta be good.  

Wouldn't mind hiring a bike down Tassie Oldfart....we'll see how we go. I imagine it's a bike paradise.

DILLIGAF dance_08

Back to topPage bottom

Sounds like a pissa of a trip, handy to have relo's everywhere eh.

Best get in quick at Bylong, been reading how the Koreans are buying all the land there (even the cemetery) to start their open cut coal mine the fuckers.

Deadwood - View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website 
Back to topPage bottom

Good shit DanD .. good luck to you ..

Rxes - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Been weighing up options with my 9 weeks long service leave, and I think I have come up with a pretty good plan....and in doing so found some good info I thought might be useful to share.....

So, Katrina and I will fly direct to Hobart for her 4 week holiday, leaving last weekend of February. In the week prior, I will take WhiskeyLux to a depot in Brisbane and have my bike transported in a purspose built enclosed truck to Melbourne by the mob who transport Harleys from the wharf to all the Oz dealerships. My bike will be stored in a secure undercover area for the 4 weeks I am in Tassie. I can also have a box taken with all my motorcycle gear - lid, jacket etc....so I dont have to take it with me on the plane. Full insurance too.

After the 4 weeks in Tassie, Katrina flys home to Brisbane - I fly to Melbourne, pick up my bike - and head for the Great Ocean Road......the cost? Quoted $540.00 maximum - might be cheaper depending on how many other bkes are being moved that week. I reckon it's a fn bargain. I'd have spent maybe $180 on fuel, 2 or 3 nights accomodation plus tucker and grog....

Anyhow, if anyone else ever wants to take their bike across the country then ride it home, talk to....

Allwest Motorcycle Carriers
(02) 96032979

Although it's a HOG member deal, the regular cost is only about $60.00 more.

DILLIGAF dance_08

Back to topPage bottom

That sounds a pretty good deal, and that way you get a holiday with your Wife and You also then get your ride. Remember Happy Wife, Happy Life. You will love Tassie. We done it in 1987 on the bike  with an alloy trailer i built.
Also Gasoline Alley have got a ride going on around that time, down to Tassie.

STEAMER - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

STEAMER wrote:  
That sounds a pretty good deal, and that way you get a holiday with your Wife and You also then get your ride. Remember Happy Wife, Happy Life. You will love Tassie. We done it in 1987 on the bike  with an alloy trailer i built.
Also Gasoline Alley have got a ride going on around that time, down to Tassie.

Yep, long service leave can be hard to work in with family as no one else likely has all that time off work....so it's good that we can at least have her holidays work in with my leave and I can then head for my ride. Seemed pointlless to fly home only to ride back to where I pretty much was....gives me more time down south. Looking forward to having plenty of time in Tassie too.....been a while since I spent any time there.

Funny you mention GA......I knew about the Gas trip, couldn't remember the exact dates so rang them just before I rang Allwest. They would have been happy to take my bike to Melbourne (I HAVE spent a small fortune there recently) but they leave about a month earlier and I reckon I'd go nuts without my bke for that long.

Reading of your trip is only making me keener for mine.....

DILLIGAF dance_08

Back to topPage bottom

Permissions List