Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 1 of 1

Black Dog Ride Top End 2018
Reply with quote   Download Post 
Post Black Dog Ride Top End 2018 

G'day folks,

I've been a member here for over 10 years, and would like to thank Robo, Zag and other mods etc for the resilience in maintaining the forum.

Over those years many great friendships have been formed, which has led me to often use the term  ' There are no people like motorcycle people '

From the early days in Bellingen,  record rainfall in Coffs Harbour,  Oven like temps in Texas,  Arctic conditions in Condamine,  Mystery rides to Monto & surrounds,  plus sensational weekends with country hospitality at Imbil many great times have been had.

In October 2017 I joined Black Dog Ride for the national ride to Tasmania.  
I was not in real good condition at the time,  cutting it fine for time to arrive at the departure point.
So off to Tassie with no medication and my 4 seasons jacket left at home.

By night 2 at West Wyalong, I was starting to the effects of no meds and feeling physically drained.
The Mental Health Support Officer was absolutely sensational.
I soon realised what a great organisation they are.

The money raised by Black Dog Ride funds many support organisations like LAMP Youth Mental Health Project, The Declan Crouch Fund, Behind The Scene and others.

The Black Dog Ride is primarily,  riding to raise awareness and raise a little money. Every dollar raised makes a vital difference to the wellbeing of our communities.

I have teamed up with another passionate Harley Davidson rider in Gus Hewes, and set up a fundraising page titled 'Australian Harley Riders' to raise funds for Mental Health Projects in the community.

Thanks to Robo for allowing us to fly the HDOZ flag.

Mental Health awareness  is a huge passion of ours and we are extremely proud to be associated with Black Dog Ride & Top End 2018.

Donations can be made to........       https://blackdogride.giveeasy.org/c...-harley-riders/

Or

Donations can be made by SMS and takes less than 60 seconds......  Text  AHRBDR  to  0437 371 371

Thanks, Terry & Gus.

Last edited by chromer on Wed 08 Aug, 2018 23:52; edited 1 time in total 
chromer - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Permissions List