Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 3 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Cruza's 'CREATURE FEATURE'
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: Cruza's 'CREATURE FEATURE' 

Good stuff sniffa....
Looks nice......But I'm a little bias to Blue...

Robo - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Robbery65 wrote:  
A big thumbs up all round..
Xxlnt of you to show it step by step - with handy hints

Good colour choice Cruza, Ive seen this Cobalt blue in the flesh
Good choice mate  

I agree Rob, before deciding on a colour scheme I looked at the Hose of Kolor paints and done my pants.
Looked at the history of them and their reviews and was sold. Talk about synchronicity, when Kat & me where doing one of my Brissy trips I saw three trucks working on the Bruce Hwy .... cobolt blue, absolutely stunning. When we went to see Mark and discuss the paint [with Rx & Jen] I was like a kid in a lolly shop. Mark's work has to be seen to be fully appreciated. Some two hours later the final outcome was settled. Photo's just don't cut the grade compared to actually seeing it.

cruza - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

ooo shucks lads'''   thanks for the kind words,,, the blue looks awesome out in the light,,    wait till the leaf goes on, pearl overlay, graphics, tru fire, metalflake and blaw blaw blaw  go on,,      

musashi - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

cruza wrote:  
Robbery65 wrote:  

Good choice mate  

I agree Rob, before deciding on a colour scheme I looked at the Hose of Kolor paints and done my pants.
Looked at the history of them and their reviews and was sold. Talk about synchronicity, when Kat & me where doing one of my Brissy trips I saw three trucks working on the Bruce Hwy .... cobolt blue, absolutely stunning. When we went to see Mark and discuss the paint [with Rx & Jen] I was like a kid in a lolly shop. Mark's work has to be seen to be fully appreciated. Some two hours later the final outcome was settled. Photo's just don't cut the grade compared to actually seeing it.

Got to agree mate the comments i get on mine never end.

Back to topPage bottom

chriso wrote:  
cruza wrote:  

Photo's just don't cut the grade compared to actually seeing it.

Your paint work speaks for itself mate ... fckn stunning.

Back to topPage bottom

musashi wrote:  
ooo shucks lads'''   thanks for the kind words,,, the blue looks awesome out in the light,,    wait till the leaf goes on, pearl overlay, graphics, tru fire, metalflake and blaw blaw blaw  go on,,      

You have earned every word mate.

Back to topPage bottom

chriso wrote:  
cruza wrote:  
Robbery65 wrote:  

Good choice mate  

Yep....I know the feeling man.....Nice Softail...Nice coloring man. Nice bike man.
Ya would never hear them there quotes about ya fricken Dyna.....   

Back to topPage bottom

Can't wait to see what graphics it gets topped of with Musashi

Hey Cruza

Only thing is being on a Dyna nobody will be able to keep up with ya to see it eh

psst that should fix Robo up  

cheers

Last edited by RObw on Sat 21 Mar, 2015 20:13; edited 1 time in total 
RObw - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

this ones for the gold fans,,,   23 karat gold is what the cruza man picked for the logo on the creature, he's decided to go with the harley eagle pinstriped in red with a bit of shading thrown in as well,,, give the tank a quick sand with a bit off 800 w&d then dry it off with clean towels,,

after cutting out the eagorn head in the plotter i set the tank up so that it is the right height on both sides of the tank, using the old trusty magnet trick with a ruler makes things like this easy to do, after they are the right height and position( u want the head lifted up a bit at the front so it doesn't look like its doing a nose dive,, must be a dyna thing maybe?? ) then run a bit of tape under the bottom edge and mark out where it is, peel and stick and squeege out the stencil and take off the clear premask,,

as the leaf size is being sprayed on u need to mask up the tank so the over spray doesn't blow all over it. if it was just a stripe or something simple i usually just brush the size on but logo's need to sprayed, using the small mini-jet gun i spray a tin coat of the leaf size on,, after waiting 5, un mask all the paper and tape, then carefully do the stencil, by getting the mask's off asap the hard stencil edge will flow down a little bit,,

after waiting about 40-50 minutes the size is set enough just so it 'squeaks' as u drag your finger over it. the leaf i am using here is loose leaf, you can also get transfer leaf(stuck onto wax paper) as well, i find loose works a bit better for logo's etc,,

by licking your finger tips, allows u to carefully lift the leaf up off the 'book', then you gently blow it and it floats onto the sticky sizeing,,  it takes about 4 sheets to cover the the head completely, after waiting 10 minutes i carefully place a peice of wax paper over it to protect the freash leaf and rub a peice of cotten wool over it to make sure it is all sitting down,,

let sit for about 2-3 hours then burnish up with a clean peice of cotten wool which brings out the shine and lustre of the gold,, the next step after this would be to put the 'engine turns' on it with a piece of velvet wrapped around a cotton ball,, however cruza likes it just like this which looks just dandy,
 i seal the logo down with a couple of light coats of clear and hit the bake cycle and call it a day,,,even busty boy's got a fat,,  next up is the pinstripe and shading, as well i have used my 'artistic freedom rights' to do a bit of a pearl shade as well,,  (i had to have some fun!!   )

p1130564  p1130565  p1130566  p1130568  p1130569  p1130571  p1130573  p1130575  p1130576  p1130577  p1130578  p1130579  p1130581  p1130582

Back to topPage bottom

all I can say is ......FUCK IT LOOKS GREAT           

ZAG - View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

I'm trying to think of something to say that matches what I am thinking.......outstanding, spectacular, beautiful, I'm blown away.................musashi, you are da man, yeah   

bargara_1 avitar_titties
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand

2010 FATBOY, Vance & Hines 2 into 1 Big Radius, Screamin Eagle Super Tuner Pro, Screamin Eagle Heavy Breather, 2" Burleigh Roller Bars with a 10" Rise, Braided Cables, Combination Speedo & Tacho, Progressive RAP & with dreams of more to come

pedro - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Musashi .. you are the master  sm_china

Rxes - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Yeah......not bad sniffa.

Ok......bloody top shit man..

Back to topPage bottom

Looking good

cheers Robw

RObw - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

hubba-hubba-smiley-emoticon
That is stunning work Mark ... the write up   ... an incredible amount off work to get the desired end result, the difference between a good job and an outstanding one.
RObw wrote:  
Can't wait to see what graphics it gets topped of with Musashi
Hey Cruza
Only thing is being on a Dyna nobody will be able to keep up with ya to see it eh
psst that should fix Robo up  
cheers

Back to topPage bottom

looking good musashi, don't like ya Dyna dig though, thought you were a better man then that....

Scandall - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Awesome

4 out of 3 people struggle with math....

Kiwi - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

once again great work Mark

Back to topPage bottom

the gold looks Brilliant GREAT JOB
Cruza this is maken my paint work look like a rattle can job

tattoo_u - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

alrighty o,,  after a quick rub back with some 800 w&d, i start with the outline of the head, using house of kolor maroon pinstriping paint i carefully run a thin line around the outside, the mouth bit was done using bits of the stencil that i had saved from the other bits.

after letting it dry a bit i grab the airbrush and fade in some shading in a transparent red brown tinter which gives it all a nice sorta glow,,

i do a bit of quick mask up so i can do a light fade on the tank and two fenders, this is done in pearl white, u can hardly see it at times but at the right angle of the dangle it comes to life, little things like this are simple to do and add a bit more of a highlight to the overall job, whilst not being overkill,,

after this its, YEP!! u guessed it, back into the booth for a bit more clear,, the guards cop the final clear coat, the tank will sit for a day then rubbed back smooth with the final 3 coats of clear squirted on,,, pick up on saturday cruza??

p1130583  p1130584  p1130586  p1130587  p1130588  p1130589  p1130590  p1130591  p1130592  p1130593  p1130594

Back to topPage bottom

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions List