New 500cc Models
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: New 500cc Models 

+2 chriso

Scandall - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Most, not all of of fella's in here had 750's and Z9's then progressed to 1000 & 1100 in the 70's, 80's & 90's.
Some of us had real adrenaline pumping high performance monsters and dialed it on at any chance we had. I know I did.
In today's market ... most of the 350 and 500 jappa's punch out more hp / tq than my stock 900's of the the day. Which never stayed stock for long.

If you have the need for speed and luv the rush, it doesn't matter how old you are or what your on ... you have it.
It's only the laws which get in the way, or until you scare your self shitless will you slow down ... maybe IMO

In saying this I am mature enough and would never encourage a young fella or any one else to go hard straight of the bat because it's stupid & dangerous.
The pot calling the kettle black, the only difference I've been their, have the experience and still luv the rush.

cruza - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

chriso wrote: [View Post]
Davo wrote: [View Post]
Quite a few blokes on here stick with Harley's to stay slow . If I wanted to have a go-quick V-twin  , I woulda stuck with my SP2 .

Live long and phosphor  

Serious???
I challenge any man that says he prefers not to have power.
It's not about being power crazed it's more about blokes not realising how much of a better machine
they can have for a small fee yet prefere to spend thousands on bling.
A simple kit through a Harley makes riding so much more enjoyable and sonetimes safer.

I am yet to meet anyone that hasn't at the very least cammed their Harley and wished they had done it along time before.

Sorry boys but all this shit about not buying Harley's to go quick and wanting your bike slow is exactly that. Shit

Each to yer own .  As I've said before , If I was still into go fast bikes , I'd have a good handling sports bike , not a Harley .
Opinions are like arseholes ...everyone has one . Mine are  just different to yours .

Ps . FYI  Cruza my last three sport bikes were an SP2 , a TLR and an injected R1 . Not some old slug from the 70s . Just sayin

" Man who jibbers about how fast and far he goes most likely has tiny dick "

Davo - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Quite a few blokes on here stick with Harley's to stay slow . If I wanted to have a go-quick V-twin  , I woulda stuck with my SP2 .

Live long and phosphor  

Serious???
It's not about being power crazed it's more about blokes not realising how much of a better machine
A simple kit through a Harley makes riding so much more enjoyable and sonetimes safer.

I am yet to meet anyone that hasn't at the very least cammed their Harley and wished they had done it along time before.

Sorry boys but all this shit about not buying Harley's to go quick and wanting your bike slow is exactly that. Shit

Each to yer own .  As I've said before , If I was still into go fast bikes , I'd have a good handling sports bike , not a Harley .
Opinions are like arseholes ...everyone has one . Mine are  just different to yours .

Fatbobs a sport bike      

Piglet - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Piglet wrote: [View Post]
[quote user="Davo" post="178229"]Quite a few blokes on here stick with Harley's to stay slow . If I wanted to have a go-quick V-twin  , I woulda stuck with my SP2 .

Live long and phosphor  :lol:[/quote]

Serious???

Fatbobs a sport bike      

Yeah , but aren't they a Dyna ?    

Back to topPage bottom

Im with you Davo...Cant believe it...
As Walker me ol mate will admit...If you want raw power don't fucking waste your hard earn on a Harley....Buy a Jap bike. And he knows what the power bug is like. Spent.....$$$$$$ on his Springer to get it down the 1/4 fast. Fucking nice bike and tuff as shit. But the money he spent on the Hd to get it quicker, he spent that amount on a already arse kicking Japper and 4 seconds faster down the strip....Horses for courses etc etc etc.
And yes....With Chriso also. We all would like that extra pony or 2 out of our HDs hence why we Cam them up and shit. I wouldn't even contemplate touching the Kings donk. More then happy with it just the way he is. 110 gives me enuff woow. But the Softy.... ...Well I'm actually thinking on selling it to make room for a Dirty bike to play with...
But yeah....Each to their own.
Be the way.....Lad up here just bought a 500 and is happy as pig in shit. Good one him. Ride what you like and be happy riding it....Lots of ol mates out there don't have that pleasure anymore.

Robo - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

I hear you Davo, the SP2 where ugly as sin, but they flew, just like the R1's.
It's no pissing contest but my last get up and lets party was Mentor 9 (road reg) 142 rw ponies.
Built by Peter Malloy for Wayne Gardner & Johnny Pace Castrol 6hr Super bike Series winner ... 305 down Conrod straight.

1_1425204085_649523

cruza - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

To me the new 500's are an entry level Harley a LAM approved Harley, but that's it.
For me the 500 is a stepping stone to whateva "normal" size Harley of ya dreams.

Why spend heaps of $$$$ on modifying/adding bling to a 500 if it is only that stepping stone to something that you're really gonna be satisfied with.
The 500 is going to go fast enough and do all the ridin you intend to do until you can afford or legally "upgrade".

However if the 500 is "ALL" that you want.........go for it, modify, give it more HP, add that bling...........

My Fatty, I am very satisfied with what I have got. It certainly doesn't have "eye popping" power, it doesn't have a high top speed, but it has enough for me.
I guess if that was what I was after I would have bought a sports jappa. I am happy enough to cruise at the speed limits most of the time, and my Fatty does that.

Years ago, all I wanted was power and speed with a moderate amount of handling thrown in for good measure. Getting from point A to point B in tha quickest time was what was important. It was the adrenaline rush I wanted.
Now it is to enjoy the views feel the breeze, and hear and feel the throb of the Harley V Twin as I ride. I am not in a hurry to go anywhere, and want to do it without having to pay a fortune in fines.

But to each his own. For me owning and ridin a Harley is an individual thing. We ALL have different tastes and priorities.

All ya have to do is decide what is important to you.

Just my opinion...............

bargara_1 avitar_titties
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand

2010 FATBOY, Vance & Hines 2 into 1 Big Radius, Screamin Eagle Super Tuner Pro, Screamin Eagle Heavy Breather, 2" Burleigh Roller Bars with a 10" Rise, Braided Cables, Combination Speedo & Tacho, Progressive RAP & with dreams of more to come

pedro - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Robo wrote: [View Post]
As Walker me ol mate will admit...If you want raw power don't fucking waste your hard earn on a Harley....Buy a Jap bike. And he knows what the power bug is like. Spent.....$$$$$$ on his Springer to get it down the 1/4 fast. Fucking nice bike and tuff as shit. But the money he spent on the Hd to get it quicker, he spent that amount on a already arse kicking Japper and 4 seconds faster down the strip....Horses for courses etc etc etc.
And yes....With Chriso also. We all would like that extra pony or 2 out of our HDs hence why we Cam them up and shit. I wouldn't even contemplate touching the Kings donk. More then happy with it just the way he is. 110 gives me enuff woow. But the Softy.... ...Well I'm actually thinking on selling it to make room for a Dirty bike to play with...
Be the way.....Lad up here just bought a 500 and is happy as pig in shit. Good one him. Ride what you like and be happy riding it....Lots of ol mates out there don't have that pleasure anymore.

Lol afraid your missing what I'm saying all together fella.

Not to worry mate , carry on

Back to topPage bottom

Lol afraid your missing what I'm saying all together fella.

Not to worry mate , carry on

No no no pops ol mate.....Im hearing ya. Nothing like getting more grunt from ya HD that's for sure. And if you recall I was going to Stage up the Softy for the hell of it also..
Just read latest Oz bike and that Fatty low Turbo pulling 190 ponies......Or something like that...      Yeah yeah....Would like to see that as fact on a tread mill. But never the less. I cracked a right on roger an had to think of Davo to make the bastard go away when I read the yarn on it.....But with saying that.....I wouldn't spend those dollars to get them there ......   ....Ponies. It's horrifying to hear what some louts up here are spending on their Harley's to get 120 ponies and upwards.....Not for me. It would be like buying a Bentley and try squeezing 10sec 1/4s out of it....Don't make sense to mind.

Back to topPage bottom

Yeah that's a bit crazy even for me.

Most of the new South boys have stage 4s, 106s, 107s, cammed 103s but like me not one of them
is interested in raw power, drag strips and don't want to ride jap bikes, they are Harley men that just want  there Harleys
performing that bit better or at the least better then sluggish stock.
The funny thing is that everyone says there happy with stock untill they actually have a ride on something
that's had some work and then there is no going back. Just makes them a better bike in every regard.
And I ain't talking thousands of dollars or huge upgrades just upsize kits, cams or whatever to make all the diffrence.

Spose I do need to remember couple of you qlders ARE getting on now too

Back to topPage bottom

Interesting all this talk of Harley blokes wanting raw power. Not so much for speed and hooning, but because it's raw 'feel good' power.
Yep, lots do want that.

But each to their own.
When I had my Harley Shop I had access to some pretty quick Harleys, even a factory XLRCH racing Sporty and it even had a stroker kit put through it making it faster than 'factory racing'. That was fun  
I have also ridden a mates 2 Blown Harleys. Yee-Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!  

But on a lot of runs I used to borrow an original Army dressed WLA from my shop because to me it was the most fun to ride! It was even more fun than my custom 1200 flathead, jockey shift, suicide clutch, no bakes, Open Primary, Screamin machine ULH chopper

It's what each person is into, and I'm into the fun of old stuff as they plod along  

Pete, don't underestimate the cult followings of smaller bikes. I believe the Harley Street 500's and 750's will have a huge Cult following, not just a Leaner bike then dump it.
Look at the Yammy 650 Vstar cult! It's HUGE and they have some pretty schmick customs worldwide. They were originally thought of as a poor man's Harley. Ohhhh no they ain't.
They have a massive cult following.
Have a look at these 650 Vstar fanatics. Some pretty schmicko gear in their Forums gallery, and probably none of them are learners: http://650ccnd.com/members/pt.htm

I see the Harley Street's going the same way.
Not everyone wants to step up to a larger bike. smiley-happy088

And you can bet that Harley is counting on it. Otherwise they wouldn't be marketing a whole range of custom goodies and a whole Custom design department for Streets if they believed they would only be for Learners.

evolve_1395233592_650013
-~- member: 109 -~- HERE'S MY GALLERY

. road_king_banner
. . .
EX-OWNER OF: 1997 Road King Classic- True Duals, Nostalgia Windshield, Early ElectraGlide Western Bars, Custom Paint Job, 2012 Air in the Tyres

Last edited by -KEN- on Sun 01 Mar, 2015 23:02; edited 2 times in total 
-KEN- - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Most of the new South boys have stage 4s, 106s, 107s, cammed 103s but like me not one of them
is interested in raw power, drag strips and don't want to ride jap bikes, they are Harley men that just want  there Harleys
The funny thing is that everyone says there happy with stock untill they actually have a ride on something
that's had some work and then there is no going back. Just makes them a better bike in every regard.
And I ain't talking thousands of dollars or huge upgrades just upsize kits, cams or whatever to make all the diffrence.

Ya probably right about getting on....Old an wise..
I'm a tight arse and I for one will say if I wanted speed and power. And wanted to rant about the same. I would buy a Japper...Had them before.....EG.
What it would cost me to put a stage 4 on my Softy. Als paid for his Honda that would kick my Stage 4 Harleys arse in all areas. Just saying.....Each to their own. It's hard enuff dodging potholes up here at 120kph let alone any faster.

And Ken....I think your right you know..
I can see these 500s becoming something in the Market....
As you said above....

Back to topPage bottom

All valid opinions  I'm sure .  

I have absolutely no desire for more power on this bike . It rides well and not once since I bought it have I felt that it was lacking . Then again I thought that about my 88 ....and just about every other bike I've ever owned . I'm also more of a Motorcycle man , rather than a Harley man . As long as your on 2 wheels you're a motorcyclist . That means your in a club  far bigger than any one brand .

Those blokes who ride the Postie challenge ...now THEY'RE bad !!  

Back to topPage bottom

that's had some work and then there is no going back
. Just makes them a better bike in every regard.

Yeah, I gave Robots a ride on the Breakout, next thing ya know he was doing an upgrade.......go figure...     

4 out of 3 people struggle with math....

Kiwi - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

JESUS CHRIST...WHAT THE FUCK IS HARLEY DOIN...Dont know about the rest of you Big Twin Riders but as far as i am concerned just remove any Harley badges ect from these so called Harley Davidsons...its the same as when Mercedes ect started making smaller cars so that everyone could afford and have one ..it just cheapens the brand and lets face it, thats why we ride Harleys because they are an elite motorcycle and we dont want our brand cheapened buy muslim built pieces of SHIT...Wake the fuck up Harley...and keep our pride and joy Elite....end of rant...666

Triple Six - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

HD is a commercial organisation and will build what sells or change itself to sell.....Plain and simple. Mercedes did right to adapt to the changing times and therefore today has more market share than it did before. It is all about continuity, progress and staying in business. You don't adapt...you become extinct! HD were out of this huge segment and have been smart to get in with their Street models.....

I don't believe HD is an elitist bike....on the contrary it has a following for the love of it and the freedom that this brand exudes....so it is discrediting  the HOGs and the HD riders by calling us all elitists! I think our beliefs are more commoner and down to earth which is the exact opposite of the definition of anything elitist.

Also for the record....the Streets are made in Kentucky USA and India....the ones coming to the OZ are made in India....unless I am seriously mistaken it is a predominantly Hindu state?  

Uss - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Elitist  ?? Bwahahahaaaa !

You obviously haven't met the crowd in here !    

Back to topPage bottom

Triple Six wrote: [View Post]
JESUS CHRIST...WHAT THE FUCK IS HARLEY DOIN...Dont know about the rest of you Big Twin Riders but as far as i am concerned just remove any Harley badges ect from these so called Harley Davidsons...its the same as when Mercedes ect started making smaller cars so that everyone could afford and have one ..it just cheapens the brand and lets face it, thats why we ride Harleys because they are an elite motorcycle and we dont want our brand cheapened buy muslim built pieces of SHIT...Wake the fuck up Harley...and keep our pride and joy Elite....end of rant...666

Got to agree ol mate, bloody disgrace Harley bringing these tonka toy shit  box fucking things out.
Don't ageee that Harley has to move with the times and stay with the market, they are doing fine don't worry.

They lose a bit of respect from me with these ugly jap looking things and I imagine a lot of other die hard Harley fans

Back to topPage bottom

Its funny you say that Robo,  I was doing some market research (so the bosses think) looking at the HD site.  My offsider noticed me on the page and soon went looking himself.  He doesnt ride a bike however is looking at getting a licence.  He made the comment that the 500 was appealing to him because of the price.  Cheap  round town Harley.
and thats what its about, getting a new person onto a bike -a Harley- thats smart business.

als1200 - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions List