Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 4 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

New 500cc Models
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: New 500cc Models 

Uss wrote: [View Post]
HD is a commercial organisation and will build what sells or change itself to sell.....Plain and simple. Mercedes did right to adapt to the changing times and therefore today has more market share than it did before. It is all about continuity, progress and staying in business. You don't adapt...you become extinct! HD were out of this huge segment and have been smart to get in with their Street models.....

I don't believe HD is an elitist bike....on the contrary it has a following for the love of it and the freedom that this brand exudes....so it is discrediting  the HOGs and the HD riders by calling us all elitists! I think our beliefs are more commoner and down to earth which is the exact opposite of the definition of anything elitist.

Also for the record....the Streets are made in Kentucky USA and India....the ones coming to the OZ are made in India....unless I am seriously mistaken it is a predominantly Hindu state?  

10941440_10203237989018706_7863089928418358139_n_1425546599_140613

Harley is not what Harley use to be.....
And respectfully so....They have to keep up with the market...
Harleys are not by no means a rarity anymores....
There's more of the bastards running around here then Jappas nowadays with the big wallets the young louts have in their back pockets. They drop in value faster then a faggot drops his duds in a soap picking up competition... Should they've built the 500 and attack the younguns.....Well if I was steering the ship.....Fucken oath. Get the young bodgies interested with a entry....Get them addicted

Robo - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Never know they might take off like the rockers did

Back to topPage bottom

Robo wrote: [View Post]
Uss wrote: [View Post]
HD is a commercial organisation and will build what sells or change itself to sell.....Plain and simple. Mercedes did right to adapt to the changing times and therefore today has more market share than it did before. It is all about continuity, progress and staying in business. You don't adapt...you become extinct! HD were out of this huge segment and have been smart to get in with their Street models.....

I don't believe HD is an elitist bike....on the contrary it has a following for the love of it and the freedom that this brand exudes....so it is discrediting  the HOGs and the HD riders by calling us all elitists! I think our beliefs are more commoner and down to earth which is the exact opposite of the definition of anything elitist.

Also for the record....the Streets are made in Kentucky USA and India....the ones coming to the OZ are made in India....unless I am seriously mistaken it is a predominantly Hindu state?  

10941440_10203237989018706_7863089928418358139_n_1425546599_140613

Harley is not what Harley use to be.....
And respectfully so....They have to keep up with the market...
Harleys are not by no means a rarity anymores....
There's more of the bastards running around here then Jappas nowadays with the big wallets the young louts have in their back pockets. They drop in value faster then a faggot drops his duds in a soap picking up competition... Should they've built the 500 and attack the younguns.....Well if I was steering the ship.....Fucken oath. Get the young bodgies interested with a entry....Get them addicted

There's enough wannabe dickheads and public servant wankers riding them now , don't need more on em

Back to topPage bottom

I still like to believe that some of the blokes on Harley's are a certain type of cut. Seems that no one else believes that anymore, maybe that's the problem

Back to topPage bottom

The 500 is not my thing at all but there is a market for them and for the money I think there gunna sell well though I don't think they will hold value like other Harleys
After market bits will be on the market in no time at all for the young riders with more disposable cash to play with so as a marketing decision its a very good one

tattoo_u - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

chriso wrote: [View Post]
I still like to believe that some of the blokes on Harley's are a certain type of cut. Seems that no one else believes that anymore, maybe that's the problem

Mate....If your seeing the young rich kids earning over 150 a year here. Sorry. I'm with you. That cut has long gone my friend. Tattoos, Beach boy bodies full of Roids riding brand new Breakouts or Vrods with Nike joggers......Mmmmmmm. I think the Nike bikie is here in full swing. Might have something to do with them Vlad laws and the Gold Coast......Just saying.

Back to topPage bottom

As long as they're on a bike of some sort , that's the main thing .  

" Man who jibbers about how fast and far he goes most likely has tiny dick "

Davo - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

tattoo_u wrote: [View Post]
The 500 is not my thing at all but there is a market for them and for the money I think there gunna sell well though I don't think they will hold value like other Harleys
After market bits will be on the market in no time at all for the young riders with more disposable cash to play with so as a marketing decision its a very good one

Bang Bang....Ya Posted that up while I was typing....My Point exactly....
Young louts with big wods of Dollars are in the Market......That's the market HD wants.

Back to topPage bottom

Davo wrote: [View Post]
As long as they're on a bike of some sort , that's the main thing .  

Good point Davo....
Or is that David....   

Back to topPage bottom

Mate....If your seeing the young rich kids earning over 150 a year here. Sorry. I'm with you. That cut has long gone my friend. Tattoos, Beach boy bodies full of Roids riding brand new Breakouts or Vrods with Nike joggers......Mmmmmmm. I think the Nike bikie is here in full swing. Might have something to do with them Vlad laws and the Gold Coast......Just saying.

I hear you mate, I don't like the way things have changed but I'm happy to say that I still ride with older fellas of that cut.
They are around

Back to topPage bottom

I hear you mate, I don't like the way things have changed but I'm happy to say that I still ride with older fellas of that cut.
They are around

Dam straight their Chriso, some TOP blokes in that crew

4 out of 3 people struggle with math....

Kiwi - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Kiwi wrote: [View Post]
[quote user="chriso" post="179065"]I still like to believe that some of the blokes on Harley's are a certain type of cut. Seems that no one else believes that anymore, maybe that's the problem[/quote]

They are around

Dam straight their Chriso, some TOP blokes in that crew

Yep and your one of em fella

Back to topPage bottom

Triple Six wrote: [View Post]
JESUS CHRIST...WHAT THE FUCK IS HARLEY DOIN...Dont know about the rest of you Big Twin Riders but as far as i am concerned just remove any Harley badges ect from these so called Harley Davidsons...its the same as when Mercedes ect started making smaller cars so that everyone could afford and have one ..it just cheapens the brand and lets face it, thats why we ride Harleys because they are an elite motorcycle and we dont want our brand cheapened buy muslim built pieces of SHIT...Wake the fuck up Harley...and keep our pride and joy Elite....end of rant...666

Got to agree ol mate, bloody disgrace Harley bringing these tonka toy shit  box fucking things out.
Don't ageee that Harley has to move with the times and stay with the market, they are doing fine don't worry.

They lose a bit of respect from me with these ugly jap looking things and I imagine a lot of other die hard Harley fans

Chriso, whatever you think of the 500 &750 streets, they are being accepted in USA by the traditionalist Big Twin Biker type.
Have a read through some of the Yank and European Harley Forums.  They love them.
Blokes with Shovels, Pans, and Fatboys in the shed are riding these Streets around town as their daily commuters or just for the hell of it.
They have been accepted by the die-hard Harley Biker more then even I thought they would.

Same with the Electric Harley 'Livewire'. I expected to hear all the ridicule. But, all I have read from Harley Die-hards is praise!  
The negatives I have read on both bikes (Streets and Livewire) were from the Non-Harley folks. The Plastic Fantastics and the Boy racers.

I honestly thought the Street would be bagged by the Yanky old skool Biker. But quite the opposite.

But it's not the first time the company has made alternative bikes. Their Topper Scooter was a market leader! Their SS Road Trails are still in demand, they make Mini Bikes, Mopeds, etc etc. But no-one ever complains about those, and they sell well.

The Street is just another new model. Don't make the mistake and think that they just make and sell Big Twins. They never did.
Actually, they now make less items than they used to.
Gone are the Snowmobiles, Scooters, Golf Buggies, Bicycles, 500lb Bombs, Cafe Racers, Miltary Off-roaders, etc.

Here's some of their previous Bikes. Some far worse than the Street  

The Roadmaster Sporster

hd_roadmaster_sportster_1980_1425553441_654256

The Scrambler

harley_883_scrambler_1425553515_481168

Harley MT

harley_mt_army_1425553588_773026

Harley Scat

harley_1964_scat_1425553702_185199

Harley XA Parallel Twin

harley_1942_xa_desert_model_1425553898_490544

Harley Roadmaster Bicycle

harley_roadmaster_bicycle

And Harley invented the Inline Transverse 4 cyclinder.

harley_4_1425554671_808343

So as you can see, Harley has always been into a variety of Bikes. This is only a small collection of them.
And these are just the Bikes, not other products they have made.
The Street isn't some new tangent for Harley to go on. Just another in its line of bikes.
However, the LiveWire is a new Tangent. But still has Harley people excited, not negative.

But yeah, as a Harley loyalist myself, the Street just don't seem quite right, but I accept them as the new model in the range.
Another part of their History.

evolve_1395233592_650013
-~- member: 109 -~- HERE'S MY GALLERY

. road_king_banner
. . .
EX-OWNER OF: 1997 Road King Classic- True Duals, Nostalgia Windshield, Early ElectraGlide Western Bars, Custom Paint Job, 2012 Air in the Tyres

-KEN- - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Great pic's Ken ... they also made snowmobiles for 2-3 years as well.
ashampoo_snap_2015_02_16_16h17m29s_002

cruza - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

cruza wrote: [View Post]

yep I did mention that.

Shows that you don't read peoples posts properly            

Poke Poke  

evolve_1395233592_650013

. road_king_banner
. . .
EX-OWNER OF: 1997 Road King Classic- True Duals, Nostalgia Windshield, Early ElectraGlide Western Bars, Custom Paint Job, 2012 Air in the Tyres

Back to topPage bottom

Good post Ken . Harley's always made weird bikes , they made a Dyna didnt they ??  

As elite enthusiasts   , we have to take some chaff with the wheat .        

" Man who jibbers about how fast and far he goes most likely has tiny dick "

Davo - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

-KEN- wrote: [View Post]
cruza wrote: [View Post]

yep I did mention that.

Shows that you don't read peoples posts properly            

Poke Poke  

Yes you did mention slowmobiles, I was just 'Validating your facts' with a picture.  

cruza - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Good reminder of harleys past ken however them models were not as widely available to the public and wont have the start that these 500s will have.

My opinion still stand regardless of what yanks are saying and i still feel the same opinion will be held by a lot of harley enthusiasts here.

Back to topPage bottom

I think it's a great idea from HD. With the LAMS laws even a Sporty is not on the list. There are some who love Harley's and have not had the chance before now. They've had to serve their time on a Jap bike before they can step up to a HD.

We're a 2 HD family and my son's partner has just got her restricted licence. She's ordered a Street 500 because she's like us, she just loves Harleys. She didn't want a Jap bike, she rode a 650 Yamaha and found it a bit too big and heavy (she's only small). They are that popular she has to wait 6 weeks for delivery. It'll be the longest 6 weeks of her life I reckon haha. When we were out on Sunday she said she can't wait to actually ride with us rather than just being a pillion.

My son test rode it and his comments were it's not a cruiser, it is a naked bike and quite small. He said everything is very precise, close gearshift, good brakes and throttle response, turned well and kept its line, more like a Jap bike than his big twin was his comment. He did say it sounds like a sewing machine and the sales guy reckoned the Bassani exhaust was better than the SE, so I reckon it'll have one on it pretty quickly haha. He said it isn't overly powerful but was a very very easy bike to ride, so great for a new rider. When she gets it I'll probably take it for a spin and let you guys know what my thoughts on it are.

Methuselah - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Sounds good Lloyd.

evolve_1395233592_650013

. road_king_banner
. . .

Back to topPage bottom

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions List