Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 1 of 1

Bloody Ouch!!
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Bloody Ouch!! 

Had a flat battery so let it run for a while after charging. Jumped on in me shorts to just move it. My pipes are fishtails and run each side and high on the left side coming around behind the heads. Stuck me thigh on the pipe, literally. nearly 2 weeks now and just starting to heal. Just having a whinge cause me wife won't listen anymore. Has given me a whole new appreciation for burns victims. No more shorts on the bike!!!

bonsai - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Bloody Ouch!! 

That would bring a tear to your eye...

Silence is Golden....Duct tape is Silver

pizz - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Something similar happen to me many years ago Bonsai, albiet I got burnt on the calf, whinged and bitched for a couple of hours, the bloke I was sharing a house with missus was over, guess she got jack of me whining, she lathered up this bandage with honey and strapped it to the burn. I shit you not, was healed in less than a week, no scaring, nothing, haven't had the need to re-apply the tactic, learnt my f@#$ing lesson about shorts and pipes, never forget it though.

Benno - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Benno wrote: [View Post]
Something similar happen to me many years ago Bonsai, albiet I got burnt on the calf, whinged and bitched for a couple of hours, the bloke I was sharing a house with missus was over, guess she got jack of me whining, she lathered up this bandage with honey and strapped it to the burn. I shit you not, was healed in less than a week, no scaring, nothing, haven't had the need to re-apply the tactic, learnt my f@#$ing lesson about shorts and pipes, never forget it though.

That might have been Manuka honey,

STEAMER - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Ive heard the ol Honey on burns is a good cure and soother.
I also learnt that the best thing for a Bee sting is honey....

Robo - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Shit I ride around in shorts a lot when I am only going short runs  all ways getting a small touch up. but back in me Wollongong days I remember pulling into the Caltex garage on the Princess HWY Woonona .being half pissed at the time was having trouble  pulling the bike back on the centre stand ya know being pissed rocking back and forward .so Charlie the Guy who run the Garage raced out to help he grab the Exhaust pipes and pushed it back after he stopped screaming like a bloody Sheila I got up him about leaving his skin on me exhaust pipes .poor Charlie he had his hands bandaged up for 3 or 4 weeks and left with a couple of good marks for awhile , do you know how long it takes to burn skin of a 650 Triumph Exhaust and the brown stain it leaves behind .         wish I new about the honey then I would have given Charlie a bucket of it to put his hands in ahh maybe not I was a bum and need me money for Piss fuck Charlies hands.

Last edited by FANG on Thu 10 Jan, 2019 10:17; edited 1 time in total 
FANG - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Exhaust pipe burns, fuck me they have caused some damage to a lot of us, my
right foot got caught under the shovels exhaust in an accident many, many years
ago which required a skin graft, glad yours isnt that bad mate.

Bluey - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Only takes once .. {for most} .. hot shit burns .. so don't touch it !!

In say'n that ..

I too, have been burnt & scared by My Bike's pipes .. twice, once on each muffler     .. nothing as bad as needing hospital attention ..

Inside right calf muscle .. in shorts, just finished washing My Bike & rode her into the shed, 6m, for the blow dry & polish .. 2nd deg., burn but did sear about a 2"sq area .. just brushed it as I put down my foot to stop didn't feel the degree of it at first .. fuck'n felt it once I put my full weight on my leg though ..

Left shoulder .. in singlet, doing a full service on My Bike, she is up on stand {hot from run to heat everything up} .. I, laying down on trolly bed, then push out & sit up .. FUAARRCK .. not far enough out .. sat up slamming my left shoulder into the rear muffler .. seared a 1 1/2"sq patch .. made me lay down bloody quick .. .. now healed, there is about an 1" round scar smudge'n up the tattoo  

NOW .. I reach OUT as far away as possible with my leg (when in shorts) & double check before sitting up .. lesson learnt    

So Bonsai .. ya ain't alone ..
 heal fast & I'm in accord with the honey ..

Rxes - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Bluey wrote: [View Post]
Exhaust pipe burns, fuck me they have caused some damage to a lot of us, my
right foot got caught under the shovels exhaust in an accident many, many years
ago which required a skin graft, glad yours isnt that bad mate.

My burns are like sunburn compared to your burns Bluey ..

Back to topPage bottom

FANG wrote: [View Post]
Shit I ride around in shorts a lot when I am only going short runs  all ways getting a small touch up. but back in me Wollongong days I remember pulling into the Caltex garage on the Princess HWY Woonona .being half pissed at the time was having trouble  pulling the bike back on the centre stand ya know being pissed rocking back and forward .so Charlie the Guy who run the Garage raced out to help he grab the Exhaust pipes and pushed it back after he stopped screaming like a bloody Sheila I got up him about leaving his skin on me exhaust pipes .poor Charlie he had his hands bandaged up for 3 or 4 weeks and left with a couple of good marks for awhile , do you know how long it takes to burn skin of a 650 Triumph Exhaust and the brown stain it leaves behind .         wish I new about the honey then I would have given Charlie a bucket of it to put his hands in ahh maybe not I was a bum and need me money for Piss fuck Charlies hands.

Pisser    

Back to topPage bottom

Know the pain .. made worse with each step ..  

Back to topPage bottom

STEAMER wrote: [View Post]

Whats the difference between Manuka and regular honey Steamer,  I just put in a native bee hive in the yard at home.

Benno - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

STEAMER wrote: [View Post]

Whats the difference between Manuka and regular honey Steamer,  I just put in a native bee hive in the yard at home.

Manuka honey has stuff called 'methylglyoxal' in it which makes it an antibacterial ointment.
The antimicrobial properties in Manuka honey kill bacteria, yeast, and fungus far better than regular honey.
It also has antiviral, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits.  

evolve_1395233592_650013
-~- member: 109 -~- HERE'S MY GALLERY

. road_king_banner
. . .
EX-OWNER OF: 1997 Road King Classic- True Duals, Nostalgia Windshield, Early ElectraGlide Western Bars, Custom Paint Job, 2012 Air in the Tyres

-KEN- - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Go Ken ya pretty Knowledgeable never even heard of that honey before sound like good stuff what Trees or plants do they collect the pollen from to make it .

Back to topPage bottom

FANG wrote: [View Post]
Go Ken ya pretty Knowledgeable never even heard of that honey before sound like good stuff what Trees or plants do they collect the pollen from to make it .

Original natural Manuka honey is from pollen of the Manuka tree/bush. A type of Tea tree native to New Zealand

petebob - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Thanks Petebob . I will have to check it out and see if I can find some.

Back to topPage bottom

It's stocked in a lot of places these days. Chemist warehouse and even Woolies, I think. It's not cheap.

petebob - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

You can go to the chemist and buy Vitamin E Oil, its really good stuff.

Keeping your wound clean and dressed until healed is important.

invitee_oil_15ml_1

NO FREE RIDES

Harley Forum Australia, HDOZ.ORG.AU

http://harleynswriders.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Last edited by RED on Sat 19 Jan, 2019 12:11; edited 1 time in total 
RED - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Burnt my calf on the pipes on my bike in about 2007.
Happened to be in hospital around 2015, and there were a heap of student doctors at the hospital at the time.
I was in there for about a week, and they loved me. I became their guinea pig to try out their skills on.
Lots of IV practice.
They also had to practice diagnostic stuff under the watch of their professor.
They had about 5 minutes to do a basic assessment.
Always had a good chat to the students and told them that what they see elsewhere on the body is sometimes as important as what they see where the problem is supposed to be. Same principles I use in electrical diagnostics.

One girl was doing the initial assessment and not doing too well.
After it was over, the professor asked me what sort of Harley I had. So we had a bit of a chat.

The girl came back later and asked how the professor had worked out I had a Harley.
No clothes with Harley on them. Clean shaven. No beard.
Told her it was his quick observation skills.
Nearly 10 years later and there was still visible evidence of the burn.

Rockoz - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Permissions List