Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

G'day
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post G'day 

Hi everyone, I am in Brisbane on the north side, ride a 2007 FXDWG, owned various HD's over the last 25 years or so, plenty of dirt bikes as a kid and then onto thumpers , honda 4's and such. Looking fwd to getting involved on the forum, learning a bit, and maybe catching up with other members for a ride.
Cheers
Benno

Benno - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: G'day 

Hi and welcome to the No1 Harley forum in Australia  

A FXDWG, I still think the Wide Glide range which started out
in the late 1970's is very popular, I bought a a brand new FXWG
in 1980 and regreted getting rid of it.

Bluey - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Thanks for the welcome Bluey, still feeling my way around the forum features and area's.

Back to topPage bottom

Welcome Benno.  We have a reasonably active local Brisbane group that get out for rides on a weekly basis, usually on a Sunday.  There are also a few o/nighters thrown into the mix as well.
Cheers

EZI63 - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Welcome Benno...
Make yaself at home..
You got some good louts down your way as EZI said mate.

Robo - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Thanks for the welcome Ezi & Robo, look fwd to joining in.

Back to topPage bottom

Welcome Benno

Silence is Golden....Duct tape is Silver

pizz - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Welcome Benno sit back and enjoy yourself, where abouts Northside are ya mate?

Ball bag - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Geez!!! There goes the neighbourhood  

Another bloody Queenslander!  

b0201

Welcome Benno t2030

evolve_1395233592_650013
-~- member: 109 -~- HERE'S MY GALLERY

. road_king_banner
. . .
EX-OWNER OF: 1997 Road King Classic- True Duals, Nostalgia Windshield, Early ElectraGlide Western Bars, Custom Paint Job, 2012 Air in the Tyres

Last edited by -KEN- on Wed 21 Nov, 2018 22:29; edited 1 time in total 
-KEN- - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

G'day Benno .. bloody good intro ..

I'm just over the hill from ya ..

Welcome & ride safe ..

Rxes - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Welcome Benno,  glad to see you have made it in here.

STEAMER - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Thanks for the welcome fellas, I'm at Joyner Ball Bag, Mt Mee (and the Dayboro Pub) are regular haunts.
Hey Steamer, thought I might run into you here, how ya settling in to Hervey Bay, have you got a Maroons jersey yet mate.

Back to topPage bottom

Welcome Benno....good to have you with us. Have a look round, throw in your 2 cents worth. Great to hear what you have to say. Love to hear story's of your riding history, oh,  …  an when you have the chance and are able to, throw up some pics of ya ride.

bargara_1 avitar_titties
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand

2010 FATBOY, Vance & Hines 2 into 1 Big Radius, Screamin Eagle Super Tuner Pro, Screamin Eagle Heavy Breather, 2" Burleigh Roller Bars with a 10" Rise, Braided Cables, Combination Speedo & Tacho, Progressive RAP & with dreams of more to come

pedro - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Thanks for the welcome Pedro, I grew up on the Atherton tablelands, so I cut my teeth on road bikes on an old honda 550 four riding the kuranda, gillies, palmerstone and rex ranges, some great riding in that part of queensland. From the honda i upgraded and bought a 1986 sporty, that got a bit harsh on the ass riding up and down the east coast of qld, so in 1993 I got a softail, didn't like the way they handled (or didn't) around the ranges. In 1996 I moved to Mackay and got rid of the softail and bought a lowrider, that was it for me, the dyna, suited my riding style to a tee, loved that bike. In 2008 I was in the USA for work and one of the guys that works for the same company as me had to unload his bike in a hurry (divorce), so I ended up with a Wide Glide with about 3000 miles on the clock, clean as a whistle for frig all, bought it home. Not sure how to add a pic yet, I'll give it a try. img_2149

Since taking this pic I have added a set of ohlins to the rear and race tech in the front, what a huge difference that has made, in the process of upgrading the rear caliper at the moment.

Last edited by Benno on Thu 22 Nov, 2018 10:48; edited 1 time in total 
Back to topPage bottom

Benno wrote: [View Post]
Thanks for the welcome fellas, I'm at Joyner Ball Bag, Mt Mee (and the Dayboro Pub) are regular haunts.
Hey Steamer, thought I might run into you here, how ya settling in to Hervey Bay, have you got a Maroons jersey yet mate.

Settling in good Mark, about to head south to pick up my bike, maroons jumper, whats that, haha.

Last edited by STEAMER on Thu 22 Nov, 2018 13:11; edited 1 time in total 
STEAMER - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

STEAMER wrote: [View Post]

Settling in good Mark, about to head south to pick up my bike, maroons jumper, whats that, haha.

Safe travels.

Back to topPage bottom

STEAMER wrote: [View Post]

Ah Steamer, so finally you'll have your bike on Qld soil...…. you'll have to learn to ride again, and as for a maroons jumper, well, that may be difficult, you'll have to sign an allegiance to Queensland. They may or MAY NOT let you in......    .
All the necessary paperwork, security checks and blood tests etc, are available from Robo      We don't just let ANYBOBY in....

bargara_1 avitar_titties
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand

2010 FATBOY, Vance & Hines 2 into 1 Big Radius, Screamin Eagle Super Tuner Pro, Screamin Eagle Heavy Breather, 2" Burleigh Roller Bars with a 10" Rise, Braided Cables, Combination Speedo & Tacho, Progressive RAP & with dreams of more to come

pedro - View user's profileSend private message 
Back to topPage bottom

Back to topPage bottom

Thanks for the welcome Pedro, I grew up on the Atherton tablelands, so I cut my teeth on road bikes on an old honda 550 four riding the kuranda, gillies, palmerstone and rex ranges, some great riding in that part of queensland. From the honda i upgraded and bought a 1986 sporty, that got a bit harsh on the ass riding up and down the east coast of qld, so in 1993 I got a softail, didn't like the way they handled (or didn't) around the ranges. In 1996 I moved to Mackay and got rid of the softail and bought a lowrider, that was it for me, the dyna, suited my riding style to a tee, loved that bike. In 2008 I was in the USA for work and one of the guys that works for the same company as me had to unload his bike in a hurry (divorce), so I ended up with a Wide Glide with about 3000 miles on the clock, clean as a whistle for frig all, bought it home. Not sure how to add a pic yet, I'll give it a try. img_2149

Since taking this pic I have added a set of ohlins to the rear and race tech in the front, what a huge difference that has made, in the process of upgrading the rear caliper at the moment.

Great post !!

" .. that was it for me, the dyna, suited my riding style to a tee, loved that bike. " [this is one of those moments .. riders don't need to explain]

Bloody nice ride .. sweet & tidy .. like'n the colour

Last edited by Rxes on Thu 22 Nov, 2018 23:39; edited 1 time in total 
Back to topPage bottom

Howdy Benno. Pleased to meetcha. Catch ya on the Bargara run.

petebob - View user's profileSend private messageView user's personal gallery 
Back to topPage bottom

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Permissions List